WIndows 8 & Mlan16E Questions

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Ksmccarthy
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

WIndows 8 & Mlan16E Questions

Post by Ksmccarthy »

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have Motif ES8 and Window 8 computer use Digital Performer (MOTU)...(used to have a Mac but now DP is on Windows 8)

A few years ago I add the Mlan16E card to my Motif… My windows computer sees the mlan16e in Device Manager, but it had a the dreaded yellow triangle with the exclamation point meaning its not working right.

I tried to find drivers online… didn’t really see anything.

1. Can someone tell me what i can do to get it working?

2. Anyone know of drivers I need and where to get them?

3. If this doesn’t work, could anyone suggest something similiar that would work with Motif? I would like to record sequences in the motif and then transfer them to individual tracks in Digital Performer automatically to so each track I record on motif shows up on a different track on Dig Perf.... as I understood it, this could do 16, which would be perfect.

"new question"
4. If this doesn't work, can I use my old Mac that had DP 5.3 to record the motif tracks using mlan16e and save it to an external and then transfer it to Dig Perf 8.... so I guess this is a "can you use DP5.3 files with DP8" type of questions

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks! Kevin
Radiogal
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: WIndows 8 & Mlan16E Questions

Post by Radiogal »

Ksmccarthy wrote:
"new question"
4. If this doesn't work, can I use my old Mac that had DP 5.3 to record the motif tracks using mlan16e and save it to an external and then transfer it to Dig Perf 8.... so I guess this is a "can you use DP5.3 files with DP8" type of questions

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks! Kevin
Yes! It should work, as DP8 WIN can save projects as older DP version projects like DP6,DP5,DP4 and DP3. Also AudioDesk 1 and 2.
So DP 8 WIN will also be capable importing all these different DP version projects.
So go for it and give it a try!
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com