Autosave issues with MOTU instruments....

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Horobi
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Autosave issues with MOTU instruments....

Post by Horobi »

Weirdly I get an error when a project tries to autosave and there is a MOTU instrument enabled. I then get the option to locate a folder to save the autosave in but it won't work and you have to cancel the dialog until autosave comes back around again.

This goes away if you expressly tell DP8 to run as administrator (despite my user being an admin).

Anyone else get this?
Radiogal
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Autosave issues with MOTU instruments....

Post by Radiogal »

Repair permissions on your OSX disc.
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by NazRat »

There may be some type of unusual problem with the MOTU supplied instruments. I had a problem where if Model 12 was instantiated, I would get an occasional MAS audio system error and it would offer some type of autosave file dialog after I clicked OK on the error - strange. Give MOTU a call and see what they have to say.

RG - the OP is posting in Windows. We need to be careful these days.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
opeth13

Post by opeth13 »

I'm getting the same error, just loaded Model 12, I'm running DP8 demo on Windows 7. I'm going to try to run as admin.
Intel Sandybridge i5-2300 cpu 3.10 GHz (quad core w/o hyperthreading), 6gb ram, Win 7 64bit, DP 8.04 (32 bit), M-Audio Midiman, M-Audio Fast Track USB audio i/o.
opeth13

Post by opeth13 »

not sure if it's the wine, but running as admin, the program started up and loaded my project in lightspeed...
Intel Sandybridge i5-2300 cpu 3.10 GHz (quad core w/o hyperthreading), 6gb ram, Win 7 64bit, DP 8.04 (32 bit), M-Audio Midiman, M-Audio Fast Track USB audio i/o.
opeth13

Post by opeth13 »

just wanted to chime in with an update: used DP8 over a couple of hours, running as admin now, and no error messages. Looks good.