MAS plugins windows are cutted!-RESOLVED

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
knoob
Primary DAW OS: Windows

MAS plugins windows are cutted!-RESOLVED

Post by knoob »

Hi

The windows for the MAS plugins always appear cutted on the right side. I'm using ver 8.03 (but it's the same in 8.02)

Last edited by knoob on Mon May 13, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radiogal
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: MAS plugins windows are cutted!

Post by Radiogal »

Checking this on my PC laptop now (DP 8.03) and I do not have this issue. They show up correctly.
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by NazRat »

Do you have your display resolution set for anything other than 100%? Check in your Display control panel.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
knoob

Post by knoob »

Also, i cannot tweak the parameters, because there's no correspondence between the place where I click and the knob/fader position on the screen...sometimes it seems i can control a parameter but in reality I'm moving a control that is located near that parameter..
knoob

Post by knoob »

Wow...that was it...i had resolution set to 125%. I'm very thankful to you guys, it seems all my problems in DP have solution, great community!

On a side note, even with resolution set at 125%, IMO it is supposed to work, other plugins don't have problems with that.
opeth13

Re: MAS plugins windows are cutted!-RESOLVED

Post by opeth13 »

I had this "issue" as well. I just recently (a month ago) changed my dpi to 125% and noticed the MAS plugin GUI's extended out of their windows. I went back to 100% but I don't know if I consider it a fix. I remember in the XP days, there were MANY applications and specifically web pages that wouldn't display things like menu item text correctly if the dpi was increased, but it seems like these types of issues show up less and less in this day and age.

I know retina macbooks use some type of dpi scaling to ensure everything doesn't look super tiny, so I don't consider going back to 100% a permanent fix. This is a workaround to me. I was working in my other DAW just fine at 125%. I'm willing to make the sacrifice of going back to 100% to use DP8 during my demo period (and maybe afterwards if I buy it) since I really do enjoy the workflow in DP.
Intel Sandybridge i5-2300 cpu 3.10 GHz (quad core w/o hyperthreading), 6gb ram, Win 7 64bit, DP 8.04 (32 bit), M-Audio Midiman, M-Audio Fast Track USB audio i/o.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

opeth13 wrote:I was working in my other DAW just fine at 125%. I'm willing to make the sacrifice of going back to 100% to use DP8 during my demo period (and maybe afterwards if I buy it) since I really do enjoy the workflow in DP.
Just to let you know, I did manage to forward a link to this topic to a contact I have at MOTU, he told me the are aware of this issue and have identified the bug. He did not tell me this directly, but given my experience with MOTU, I'd bet the farm that will be fixed with the next update.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
MOTU_Tech

Post by MOTU_Tech »

FYI, you do not have to change the resolution percentage to fix this. Open the Control Panel, then choose “Appearance and Personalization,” then “Display,” and finally select “Set custom text size (DPI)”.

Turn OFF the windows XP scaling check box.

Cheers,
MOTU Tech Support

Please advise all technical inquires should be submitted directly to MOTU's support channels (phone and online support).
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

MOTU_Tech wrote:FYI, you do not have to change the resolution percentage to fix this. Open the Control Panel, then choose “Appearance and Personalization,” then “Display,” and finally select “Set custom text size (DPI)”.

Turn OFF the windows XP scaling check box.

Cheers,
Thanks for this! :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!