2.43 GB? Where?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
deepcgi
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

2.43 GB? Where?

Post by deepcgi »

Where is all of the disk space going? The program directories for both versions are less than 180 MB. What can I delete that I don't need? And will the installer let me uninstall parts or does it pull 32 and 64 bit versions?
dpg4macman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: 2.43 GB? Where?

Post by dpg4macman »

Well, I'm not using the pc version yet however, I wouldn't recommend deleting anything unless you know exactly what it is your deleting. The 2 gigs your referring to went somewhere and could very well be hidden. If your worried about real-estate I recommend getting an external HD.

My thoughts,

mvh
Radiogal

Post by Radiogal »

DP8 WIN comes in a 32 and 64 bit version. That might double the space needed. I would not recommend experimenting by deleting DP files to free some HD space. Bad idea.
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

deepcgi wrote:Where is all of the disk space going? The program directories for both versions are less than 180 MB. What can I delete that I don't need? And will the installer let me uninstall parts or does it pull 32 and 64 bit versions?
It includes a lot of bundled plug-ins as well. That accounts for some of that.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
dpg4macman

Post by dpg4macman »

I downloaded and installed DP on my windows 8 machine and there were only around 800mb. ??

mvh
deepcgi
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by deepcgi »

Take a look at the disk space footprint indicated in the Programs and Features Control Panel. That's where it shows that it has allocated 2.43 GB for DP8 (including 32 and 64). As far as I can tell, it must be allocation of virtual memory disk space or something, otherwise MOTU is surreptitiously installing the collected works of Beethoven in 24 bit somewhere in the system directories.