Uninstall taking forever

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
kdm
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Uninstall taking forever

Post by kdm »

So, to try and sort out why DP hangs/freezes on exit every single time I exit the program (requiring a system reboot), I decided to uninstall and reinstall it, but it's taking forever.

Why does DP have to spend 2-5 seconds scanning every single plugin and dll it uses? Makes no sense. ProTools and Nuendo uninstall in seconds, literally, and install is typically under a minute. I've been waiting 10 minutes now for DP.

I'll contact MOTU with another Tech link, but if this is normal, I would like to know for future reference.

Reinstall is taking forever too. At least 5 seconds to install each plugin, one at a time.
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Uninstall taking forever

Post by NazRat »

This is not my experience with the Windows version. It installed just as quickly as any other app and I do not have any hanging on quit issue. If hang on quit was typical, I'd think you'd see more complaints. The takes a long time to load the plugs thing, if you're talking about the first run of the program, all DAW apps take additional time on first run to scan and validate the installed plugs. If the plugs load slowly after the initial scans then there may be problems elsewhere. My DP on Win loads in maybe 5-10 seconds and that includes all the MAS and probably 120+ VST plugs (which are not rescanned after the first run). MOTU tech support is probably your best bet.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
kdm
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Uninstall taking forever

Post by kdm »

DP starts fine, uninstall and reinstall were incredibly slow. I've uninstalled and reinstalled ProTools and Nuendo in 1/10 the time it took DP to just uninstall.

I've contacted MOTU support on some other issues with DP and they are working on those. I'll log this one later.