DirectMusic MIDI clock does not appear to be running

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
chaosngn
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DirectMusic MIDI clock does not appear to be running

Post by chaosngn »

I fired up the demo on Windows 7, excited to see what's under the hood, and when it loads I get:

The DirectMusic MIDI clock does not appear to be running. MIDI may not play back.

It also does not recognize my 61 ES MIDI keyboard bug half the time, while other DAWs do, and I'm guessing it's because of this error.

What's strange is that when I press record the swiper is frozen and will not move (I am guessing due to this error). MOTU said something about HPET, but I've tried with HPET on and off.

Anyone know what might be causing the DirectMusic MIDI service to not be working on Windows 7 64-bit?

I've googled my ass off and can find nothing on how to turn this DirectMusic MIDI clock on, install, etc.

Anyone have an idea?
Radiogal

Re: DirectMusic MIDI clock does not appear to be running

Post by Radiogal »

There seems to be a problem with ASIO drivers in this release. Don't feel turned down nor disappointed. Eventually it will work as MOTU for sure is gonna fix this.
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
Radiogal

Post by Radiogal »

Yet, don't forget to report issues and bugs to MOTU ASAP.
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
chaosngn

Post by chaosngn »

After a lot of back and forth with MOTU they think it's something to do with HPET, but HPET is on and running.

It's really scaring me now, because I re-installed Windows Ultimate (not the premium from before) and only installed DP, drivers, and the keyboard. I didn't even install VE Pro 5, and same error, still won't record. This is a big bummer.
streamson

Post by streamson »

I had the same problem (cause of MIDI keyboard M-Audio Keyrig49). I just uninstalled M-Audio keyboard software and left the MIDI keyboard running on windows driver only. Now everything works fine.
DKubi

Post by DKubi »

I have the same problem with Windows 8 - 64 bit. My MIDI interface is a M-Audio Fast Track Pro, so without the M-Audio driver I can not use it. Was anyone able to fix this problem without uninstalling the interface driver?
digital dog
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by digital dog »

I have the same problem with the M-Audio interface/drivers. I have to have the drivers for my M-audio interface (BTW everything seems to work fine with ProTools). I also have the problem with the wiper freezing. This version has been in beta for a year and was released a few months ago. I need to use it now. I've been troubleshooting for days. I've re-read the manual, plugged and unplugged until my fingers hurt. HAS ANYONE SOLVED THIS DIRECTMUSIC MIDI CLOCK THING!
James Caughlan, Digital Dog Recording
DP 8.07, Windows 10, Dell Laptop, i7 8550u processor, 16 GB, M-Track interface, Mac Pro, dual quad, 16 GB, 828 mk II, Korg and Yamaha synths, Variax Guitars, other acoustics and electrics, + other toys, 6 bicycles and 2 Corgis, and a partridge . . .
digital dog
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by digital dog »

That is it! I had an old M-Audio driver. I unplugged the M-Audio keyboard and it started up, no problems. I plugged the keyboard back in with a MIDI chord and everything is copacetic. As per your advice I will try uninstalling the old M-Audio driver. I have the usb for the key board unplugged now. I must have an M-Audio driver for my M-Audio interface. I hope the drivers are two separate drivers. If not I'll continue unplugging the keyboard until I get the driver thing sorted out. Thanks to everyone for your help.
James Caughlan, Digital Dog Recording
DP 8.07, Windows 10, Dell Laptop, i7 8550u processor, 16 GB, M-Track interface, Mac Pro, dual quad, 16 GB, 828 mk II, Korg and Yamaha synths, Variax Guitars, other acoustics and electrics, + other toys, 6 bicycles and 2 Corgis, and a partridge . . .