Many VST's not Loading up in Windows - RESOLVED

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
spikey
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Many VST's not Loading up in Windows - RESOLVED

Post by spikey »

1. All of my BFD drums
2. BFD 2
3. CS-80V2
4. Jupiter-8V2
5. M1
6. Percusive Adventures 2
7. Philharmonik
8. Reaktor 5 FX 2x8
9. Addictive Drums
10. Lounge Lizard EP-4
11. WordbuilderPlayVSTx64 (for sym Choirs)
12. Addictive Drums

Yea these are all legit (owned by me) plug-ins that work in my Cubase7 and Sonar X2. Just saying so there's no doubts... :mrgreen: I listed them so that it might help the process along in knowing just which plugins fail to enable atm. Im sure it will be addressed soon. :)
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Many VST's not Loading up in Windows

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

This is looking like a pattern; plugins are a little wonky in DP 8
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

I think the pattern here is DP8 defaults in 64 bit mode, or the other way around, "Philharmonic" for instance is 32 bit if it's the IK Multimedia plug in. Lounge Lizard has a 64 bit update. Also Windows and the VST spec requires a 32 and 64 bit version... Cubase has a bit bridge, I think so does Sonar, so you're less likely to run into issues like this. There is a cheap bit bridge called jBridge here: http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/

Highly recommended, but my guess is a good amount of issues loading will be solved with updating your plug ins, and making sure what bit DP8 is in.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
MIDI Life Crisis

Not so with the MIA Waves plugs. MOTU support says they are working on their machines. Waves support accessed my machine and checked everything out (and then some) and they should be working, but they're not. Gravity Jim has the same problem I do with the same plugs (which show up in DP7 and Bidule just fine). So it is, IMO, DP8.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

OK I'm not running into that, yet, haven't checked all my VST / AU's but Lounge Lizard 4 and Reaktor 5 FX both load here in 64 bit mode. :|
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
MIDI Life Crisis

It's not the end of the world for me. If I need it I can jump back to DP7. THere are bigger fish to fry, but I'd still like to get it all sorted out at some point. Otherwise, things are just fine. I probably won't be working in DP until mid-June as I'm all about Finale the next few weeks.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Wolfie2112
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by Wolfie2112 »

spikey wrote:1. All of my BFD drums
2. BFD 2
3. CS-80V2
4. Jupiter-8V2
5. M1
6. Percusive Adventures 2
7. Philharmonik
8. Reaktor 5 FX 2x8
9. Addictive Drums
10. Lounge Lizard EP-4
11. WordbuilderPlayVSTx64 (for sym Choirs)
12. Addictive Drums

Yea these are all legit (owned by me) plug-ins that work in my Cubase7 and Sonar X2. Just saying so there's no doubts... :mrgreen: I listed them so that it might help the process along in knowing just which plugins fail to enable atm. Im sure it will be addressed soon. :)
Did you get this resolved? I'm having similar issues. DP has found everything except for EastWest Play and Kontakt 5. I'm running in 64bit, and VST's are also 64bit.

In your list, you mentioned Wordbuilder. I'm pretty sure that's only 32bit if it's the old NI version. The Play version has Wordbuilder built into the GUI.
spikey

Post by spikey »

I have resolved this on my iMac. Since it is soooo easy to switch between 32 bit and 64 bit modes, I just changed my Version of DP8 to 32 bit, and it loaded every plugin I threw at it. Since windows is not as user friendly in this area, Im not sure what we need to do other than wait for a patch. It was said in the mac side that DP "designed" the 64 bit version of DP without 32 bit bridge support, for stability reasons, and that it was "hit and miss" as to whether or not the plugin would load in 32 bit mode running 64 bit DP on the mac.... Thats about all I know atm...
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by NazRat »

Two versions of the DP program are installed for a Windows 64 bit OS. One 32 and one 64 bit, so it's just a matter of which you launch.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
spikey

Post by spikey »

Well Ill be damn Naz...

Yer right there it is... wait...

I only have one DP application file in the DP folder. Both DP (yes even the marked 32 bit one) is pointed to that app, and its the 64 bit one... WTH? I dont remember deleting it...
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by NazRat »

The 32 bit version is in C:\Program Files (x86)\MOTU and the 64 bit version is in C:\Program Files\MOTU. Whatever you've done to your shortcuts or whatever you've deleted, I do not know.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
spikey

Re: Many VST's not Loading up in Windows - RESOLVED

Post by spikey »

Thanks Naz I found it with your help- all is there...