ASIO error help!!!

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
rickykatomi
Primary DAW OS: Windows

ASIO error help!!!

Post by rickykatomi »

I have e-mu asio drivers and e-mu patchmix. When I open Digital Performer and try to choose e-mu asio it gives me this error "The audio hardware's state changed while MAS was starting up (MOTUaudiosystem MAS [59:0])" It always gives me this error for trying to change to Asio.

When I changed to windows audio it works but I need Asio because of latency.
I have Windows 7 64 bit, help!
Radiogal
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: ASIO error help!!!

Post by Radiogal »

Seems like there is an ASIO bug. Same problem here with the Lexicon Omega. I have sent a notification about this straight to MOTU.

"I´m having big problems with the Lexicon Omega.(ASIO)
Latest Lexicon audio driver 2.7 (for W7) installed. (32 and 64 bit compatible).

DP loses the connection with it all the time. In both the 64 bit and 32 bit DP version. DP stops responding on transport/PLAY. DP stops working and the Hardware options are totally greyed out.
I have to force quit DP all the time and it´s useless with this ASIO interface. 
I read some other having similar problems with other audio interfaces so I thought I let you know.

The Windows internal audio driver seems to work fine AFAIK."
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
rickykatomi

Post by rickykatomi »

Thanks for telling, but I want solution! Or at least some fix so I can use e-mu Asio aaaahh.
Radiogal

Post by Radiogal »

rickykatomi wrote:Thanks for telling, but I want solution! Or at least some fix so I can use e-mu Asio aaaahh.
Me too...
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
sdfalk

Post by sdfalk »

Same thing here while trying to demo DP on my clients computer under Windows 7 64 bit..
Asio errors a plenty..
A 2018 Mac mini with 16 gb of ram
HUGE bunch o' AU instruments/fx...
A Metric Halo ULN8-3D…mmmmmmm
Remember to eat all your fruits and vegetables!
My OS is The amazingly gratuitous 10.14
Pcpaul

Post by Pcpaul »

rickykatomi wrote:I have e-mu asio drivers and e-mu patchmix. When I open Digital Performer and try to choose e-mu asio it gives me this error "The audio hardware's state changed while MAS was starting up (MOTUaudiosystem MAS [59:0])" It always gives me this error for trying to change to Asio.

When I changed to windows audio it works but I need Asio because of latency.
I have Windows 7 64 bit, help!
Exactly the same thing, while trying a demo, it allows to chose windows audio, but not Asio, after selecting Asio and clicking OK, it throws that message "(MOTUaudiosystem MAS [59:0])"
rickykatomi

Post by rickykatomi »

Lot's of Asio problems, so everybody needs to notice MOTU team to fix this! I will also contact them. If somebody find out how to fix before me put here so everybody know! Ahhhh!
chaosngn

Post by chaosngn »

I'm having a somewhat similar problem with the M-Audio Firewire Solo, though mine says that DirectMusic MIDI clock is not running. Due to this, DP loads, but when I press record, it freezes and at that point everything goes to hell in a handbasket. Definitely seems ASIO related.

I am in the same boat, built a new PC for the latency of ASIO, and now I can't use DP :(

I really don't want to have to go over to Reaper (which I've been playing with as of late) or Cubase 7. DP is the shizzle in my book, but hopefully they get this worked out.

I was back and forth with MOTU support for two days, and apparently I'm the only person who has reported this.
Radiogal

Post by Radiogal »

I have reported this as well to MOTU as I wrote in an earlier post.
Pcpaul

Post by Pcpaul »

"The audio hardware's state changed while MAS was starting up (MOTUaudiosystem MAS [59:0])"
What does this error mean ? What state has changed ? Why it assumes that a state has changed ?
manwalksintoabar

Post by manwalksintoabar »

DP8
Win 7
Kontakt 5

I have a different set of issues with DP8 and Kontakt. I am using a Focusrite USB 2 Audio Driver. When I run Kontakt 5 in standalone mode, it works correctly. My Audio settings are

DRIVER: ASIO
DEVICE: Focusrite USB 2.0 Audio Driver
DEVICE DRIVER CONFIG: ASIO Config
SAMPLE RATE: 44100
LATENCY: 133 Samples
- - -

When Kontakt is used as a VSTi plugin with DP8, my audio settings are

DEVICE: Focusrite USB 2.0 Audio Driver (different from above)

I GET THIS ERROR. . .
"DP has encountered an error.
The selected audio hardware could not be found. Check that the device is connected to your computer and turned on."

32 bit Kontakt .dll files are in located in Program Files (86) folder. The 64 bit Kontakt .dll files are in the Program Files/VST folder.

It did work correctly for a time in 64 and 32 bit.

MWIAB
Radiogal

Post by Radiogal »

manwalksintoabar wrote:DP8
Win 7
Kontakt 5

I have a different set of issues with DP8 and Kontakt. I am using a Focusrite USB 2 Audio Driver. When I run Kontakt 5 in standalone mode, it works correctly. My Audio settings are

DEVICE: Focusrite USB 2.0 Audio Driver
- - -

When Kontakt is used as a VSTi plugin with DP8, my audio settings are

DEVICE: Focusrite USB 2.0 Audio Driver (different from above)

I GET THIS ERROR. . .
"DP has encountered an error.
The selected audio hardware could not be found. Check that the device is connected to your computer and turned on."

32 bit Kontakt .dll files are in located in Program Files (86) folder. The 64 bit Kontakt .dll files are in the Program Files/VST folder.

It did work correctly for a time in 64 and 32 bit.

MWIAB
Plz report this to MOTU!
profdraper

Post by profdraper »

See my other post about DP prefs in Windows. Delete the prefs inside User/'AppData' and this seems to take care of a multitude of sins. Would seem that DP constantly corrupts its prefs and in the case of the ASIO driver issue, in my experience, trashing the prefs allows to you to re-set this as it should.

In my case, DP 8.04 is having constant problems in this respect with ASIO drivers for UAD Apollo, and in finding the plugs as 'passed' by its far toooooo long start-up scanning process. I might add, that all other DAWs on the system find all of the same VST UAD plugs just fine.
Pcpaul

Post by Pcpaul »

Still the same for me and anyway I gave up a long time ago, so I just check every new version to see if it's not that picky anymore about asio, they should redo the whole ASIO handling altogether, Welcome to windows, there are no core audio here so get your sh(** straight.
I understand you live and breath Mac but sometimes you need to open up a window a get some fresh air or you will suffocate on your own farts. So revamping Asio would be a great start.
If I recall someone said somewhere, that they got official response saying to try Asio4all, lol man, just lol.
Plugin scanning is eternal, but bearable.
proto
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by proto »

Well gents I'm one step up on you guys as I have all motu gear. Asia works, but it's so bogged down I can barely run any vstis as soon as I add a vsti the performance meter in dp8 shoots way up high.

Now I use asio4 for all and it works. Motu should look at asio4all to see how it's done.