Lexicon Alpha don't work- RESOLVED

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
knoob
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Lexicon Alpha don't work- RESOLVED

Post by knoob »

Hi

I've just installed DP8 demo but can't get my Lexicon Alpha interface to work. DP recognize it but i get no sound using the Lexicon Asio drivers. If I switch to Asio4all drivers i get sound but with poor performance. I'm sure it's DP "fault" because in Cubase 7 and other daws everything runs fine. :?
Last edited by knoob on Mon May 13, 2013 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NazRat
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Lexicon Alpha don't work

Post by NazRat »

Not familiar with your particular interface, but try moving your mains output pair to the top of the bundles window. That sets the default pair/audition/preview.
DP8.06 PT11.2.0 VEP 5.3.x
828mkII 828mk3 ADA8000 MTP-AV Komplete Audio 6
Mac Mini Quad 10.9.4 - HP Quad Laptop Win 8.1
Radiogal
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Radiogal »

Same problem here with the Lexicon Omega. I have sent a notification about this straight to MOTU.

"I´m having big problems with the Lexicon Omega.(ASIO)
Latest Lexicon audio driver 2.7 (for W7) installed. (32 and 64 bit compatible).

DP loses the connection with it all the time. In both the 64 bit and 32 bit DP version. DP stops responding on transport/PLAY. DP stops working and the Hardware options are totally greyed out.
I have to force quit DP all the time and it´s useless. Very strange and it´s useless with this ASIO interface. 
I read some other having similar problems with other audio interfaces so I thought I let you know.

The Windows internal audio driver seems to work fine AFAIK."
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
knoob

Post by knoob »

Sometimes I can get Lexicon Alpha to work by changing the DP session samplerate from 41kHz to 48kHz and then on Lexicon settings to 48kHz and then, again on DP session (main screen), to 41kHz again. Sometimes it does not work. It's illogical...but once you get it to work it stays stable until you restart DP...then you have to do it again. So odd!
knoob

Post by knoob »

Now, in ver 8.03 it seems to work perfectly.
Radiogal
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Lexicon Alpha don't work- RESOLVED

Post by Radiogal »

Same experience here. DP 8.03 fixed the ASIO problems! Thanks MOTU! :)
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com