Hard crash with 8.02 and Win 7 drag and drop

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
RangerJ ay
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Hard crash with 8.02 and Win 7 drag and drop

Post by RangerJ ay »

Attempted to drag MIDI clips from Addictive Drums into DP MIDI track. Major crash. Tried the same thing with Superior Drummer with same results. Managed to send a crash report the second time. I glanced at the info, and it seemed to have crashed the MS C++ lib stuff.

Bare bones tracking just to try out DP on Windows. I imported an exported drum track to use as a scratch pad, added a MIDI bass, and tracked 2 tracks of electric guitar. Barely got going and got a different mini-crash trying to undo a short take. Decided to call it a night and attempted to exit DP. Would not cleanly exit, and I could not kill the process. So, no crash report for MOTU or Microsoft.

So, I don't think it is ready for important work at this point, but it IS a version 1.0 release. All the other stuff, MIDI and audio editing, worked as designed. I'm using a custom-built box that is rock solid with every other music app: Win 7 64, 12 gigs, dependable drives, etc.

I'll play with it more over the weekend just for fun.
ASRock X58 Extreme3 mobo, Intel Core i7, 12 GB RAM, Win 7 64, WD Black drives (multiple), Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 (FireWire), Dual Acer monitors with NVidia GeForce 9400 (DVI), M-Audio Axiom 49 keyboard, DP 8.03.