DP 8.02 "could not find" Focusrite hardware (Win 7)

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on Windows, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
TheNossinator
Primary DAW OS: Windows

DP 8.02 "could not find" Focusrite hardware (Win 7)

Post by TheNossinator »

Hi guys!

I've been eagerly awaiting DP's arrival on Windows, and have spent most of today fiddling around and finding out how it works (and in some cases, doesn't).

My one problem is that DP insists that my audio hardware "could not be found." I've been using it trouble-free for months with various other DAWs, so this is almost certainly a DP problem. The hardware I'm using is a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. Here's the error I get when I try and tell Digial Performer to use it as my hardware interface:

Is this just a growing pain of DP moving into Windows territory, or does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix the problem?

Many thanks in advance!
Intel Core i7 Extreme 975 @ 3.33GHz, 14 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit, DP 8.05 (64-bit) running off an SSD, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, GTX280
bralston
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 8.02 "could not find" Focusrite hardware (Win 7)

Post by bralston »

Is everything 64-bit? Windows 7 64-bit install? Focusrite drivers 64-bit? etc...etc...
Regards,

Brian Ralston

- MacPro 7,1 3.2 GHz 16-core Intel Xeon W, 384GB 2933MHz DDR4 RAM, OS 10.15.7, 2TB SSD OS drive, 6TB Samsung Pro EVOPlus SSDs via Sonnet 4x4 M.2 PCIe card, Graphics card: AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB, UAD-2 Quad, DP 10.13, DP 11.0,
- 15" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz 8‑core 9th‑generation Intel Core i9 processor, Turbo Boost to 4.8GHz, 32GB 2400MHz DDR4 mem, Radeon Pro Vega 20 w/4GB HBM2 mem, 2TB SSD storage, OS 10.15.7, 2TB SSD, DP 10.13
TheNossinator

Post by TheNossinator »

bralston wrote:Is everything 64-bit? Windows 7 64-bit install? Focusrite drivers 64-bit? etc...etc...
Hi Brian,

Windows 7 is definitely x64, not sure about the drivers, but the device works with Cubase in x64 mode as well as the computer in general. I also tried using it in DP x32 mode and the same error occurred. Thanks for the suggestion, though - I was having that problem with a few x32 plug-ins earlier.
Intel Core i7 Extreme 975 @ 3.33GHz, 14 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit, DP 8.05 (64-bit) running off an SSD, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, GTX280
Agent of Random

Post by Agent of Random »

Do you see the error when you first launch or when you choose focusrite in the configure driver window?
dcesarblock

Post by dcesarblock »

Hi,
Same problem here, called MOTU today and they could not replicate the issue in their system, so they said they had to research the problem... In the meantime, I am uninstalling DP and trying everything from zero.
I am running Windows 7 Home Pro, with Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, tried both 32 and 64 bit and get the same message you do. Scarlett works perfectly with Reason 6.5, Reaper ad FL studio. I'm thinking it must be a DP 8 problem. Let me know if you have any success.
Thanks,
David
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Moved this to the Windows "Troubleshooting" Section.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

James Steele wrote:Moved this to the Windows "Troubleshooting" Section.
There's a Windows... I see!!!! :) Good move, Mr. Steele.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Yep... I understand that there could be some of what's discussed would apply to both platforms, but it's just going to be less confusing to separate the forums this way. When people check "New Posts" they will see both Mac and Windows posts and if they feel the question applies to both platforms they can join in the topic and help out. People are free to participate in either forum, but someone looking for help on Windows will be best served to create a topic in the Windows-oriented forum, even though help may come from either Windows or Mac DP users.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
MIDI Life Crisis

That's the way the Finale forum works. Unfortunately, if you don't watch both (especially on the tips threads) you could miss valuable stuff. Generally I enter the forum by default by viewing new posts and for us hardcore folks, that might be the best way to try and stay on top of things. Actually, even for the soft core crowd, that's probably a good idea.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
MIDI Life Crisis

That's the way the Finale forum works. Unfortunately, if you don't watch both (especially on the tips threads) you could miss valuable stuff. Generally I enter the forum by default by "viewing new posts" and for us hardcore folks, that might be the best way to try and stay on top of things. Actually, even for the soft core crowd, that's probably a good idea.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Generally I enter the forum by default by "viewing new posts" and for us hardcore folks, that might be the best way to try and stay on top of things.
That's what I do. On top of it, you can have an RSS feed in your Mac Mail app. Just click choose "Add RSS Feeds..." and use this URL:

Code: Select all

http://www.motunation.com/forum/feed.php
You can also sett up the RSS Visualizer Screen Saver with that URL also.

MIDI Life Crisis

Thanks James. If I did the RSS thing I'd NEVER get anything done. :lol:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
TheNossinator

Post by TheNossinator »

Agent of Random wrote:Do you see the error when you first launch or when you choose focusrite in the configure driver window?
When I choose Focusrite in the "Configure Hardware Driver" dialogue.
dcesarblock wrote:Hi, same problem here, called MOTU today and they could not replicate the issue in their system, so they said they had to research the problem... In the meantime, I am uninstalling DP and trying everything from zero.
...I'm thinking it must be a DP 8 problem. Let me know if you have any success.
That's a shame. This probably means it won't be fixed until after my trial is over and I won't get to fully experience the software. I agree that it seems like a DP8 problem, I've had no such problems with any other software.
James Steele wrote:Moved this to the Windows "Troubleshooting" Section.
Yay, first whinger in the new section!
Radiogal

Post by Radiogal »

I´m having big problems with the Lexicon Omega.(ASIO) I´m having the latest Lexicon audio driver 2.7 (for W7) installed.

DP loses the connection with it all the time. In both the 64 bit and 32 bit DP version. DP stops responding on transport/PLAY. DP stops working and the Hardware options are totally greyed out.
I have to force quit DP all the time and it´s useless with this ASIO interface. Very strange. 

The Windows internal audio driver seems to work fine AFAIK.
MAC PRO 6 Core 3.33 GHz, 16 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5, DP 9 MAC and WIN (64bit/Jbridge) AMPGUI Mellow, Logic 10, Wavelab 8 MOTU 24I/O (x2), MOTU 2408 MK3 (2x), WAVES Mercury 9, SSL, UAD2Quad, McDSP, Sound Toys, Sonnox, Sonalksis, NomadFactory, T-Racks, P&M, LexPCM, AbbeyRoad, DSM, VCC, VTM, FGX, Melda, EWQL SymphOrch/Piano Gold. Mixingdesk: AMEK Big 44, TK BC-1MK2, SSLcomp clones, GAPPre73, PCM91, TC, FMR. Monitors: Genelec 1031, ADAM A7, >40 mics http://www.ragdollproduction.com
jsg

Post by jsg »

I have the same issue with, believe it or not, a MOTU 2408 mk III, latest drivers. Interface works fine with Sonar X2 and with Sound Forge and yet, each time I load DP I get a message saying the audio card hasn't started.

AND, each and every time I try and close DP it crashes..I have to use task manager to boot it out of memory and it takes a while, but at least it doesn't crash windows.

I sure like the program, I can see its much easier to learn than Cubase and the interface is quite beautiful. If only I can get it to work ;>)

Jerry Gerber
www.jerrygerber.com