Next Question: Where is Solo Button in Mixer?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bcgreen24
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Next Question: Where is Solo Button in Mixer?

Post by bcgreen24 »

OK, I have a V-Rack with all my VST's running through it. But-- where are the 'solo' buttons? I'm just seeing 'mute' buttons...

cuttime
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Next Question: Where is Solo Button in Mixer?

Post by cuttime »

Is that the "Turkish Delight" theme? Something might be wrong with your install, as I see solo, mute, record and input buttons on all my channel strips in all themes. You might need to reinstall.
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

I assume you've checked solo buttons in the mixer view options?
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

If you are looking at V-Rack tracks, I don't think they get solo buttons. Solo the MIDI track feeding the VI.
bcgreen24
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by bcgreen24 »

HCMarkus wrote:If you are looking at V-Rack tracks, I don't think they get solo buttons. Solo the MIDI track feeding the VI.
Yep, that appears to be the issue. Kind of a drag to have to open the sequence's mixing board and view a MIDI channel and audio channel for each instrument just to be able to solo things via the mixer-- but easy enough to show/hide channels via the track selector, I guess.