Korg nanoKontrol 2 CC Mode

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Tama300
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Korg nanoKontrol 2 CC Mode

Post by Tama300 »

Greetings, I have been using my nanoKontrol2 in DP mode, but now I'm trying to use it on CC Mode. The faders and knobs works perfectly but I can`t configure the Transport control. I went into the DP/commands, in the Transport section, to edit the event list and press the physical button on the nanokontrol. End up with something like: #45 | 127.

But, it still does not work ... Anyone know how to set it up correctly?

Thanks
Last edited by Tama300 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guitar Gaz
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Korg nanoKontrol 2 CC Mode

Post by Guitar Gaz »

I have a NanoKontrol 1 which I use for CC mode (I can assign faders etc and then control V-Rack faders with this) and I use my NanoKontrol 2 in DP mode for all normal mixer faders - but I could never get the NanoKontrol 2 to work in CC mode - so interested how you did that.

On the other hand both have always been able to use the Transport controls although with the NanoKontrol 1 you have to set this up under Commands - but the NanoKontrol 2 in DP mode has always worked the Transport controls - so this is all a bit puzzling. I will have another look tonight when I get a chance.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.2, Studio One 6.5 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
Tama300
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Korg nanoKontrol 2 CC Mode

Post by Tama300 »

Hi, to use nanoKontorl2 in CC mode you have to press and hold down the SET MARKER and CYCLE buttons and then connect the USB cable.
Then you are able to configure with the Korg Kontrol Editor.

But I don't know why, DP doesn't recognize my settings for transport buttons.