Composers Sound Cloud East West Quantum Leap

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
jazzylee77
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Composers Sound Cloud East West Quantum Leap

Post by jazzylee77 »

I'm still having growing pains building my template and jumped on the monthly deal called Composers Sound Cloud offered by East West Quantum Leap , or CSCEWQLMNOP. In a nutshell Monthly pay and you get one main mike position, pay yearly and you get a discount plus another mike position then Diamond is all mikes but you need to receive it on a their hard drive. This is for pretty much their entire Library.

Anyway... This seemed to be a quick cheap way for me to get a balanced sounding orchestra plus gobs of whatever else I want for $29 a month. (can stop anytime) I'll be downloading for days if not weeks.

Sounding WAY too much like a commercial here, I've yet to dig into it and see how this will work out if I have a template full of play engines.

I'm starting with all the Gold Orchestra sections. Looks like it could take a very long time to find favorite articulations to include in a template. Is this just going to suck the life out of my computer? I know, I'll find out soon enough, But that's not soon enough! :)

Testing what I have downloaded so far just on the play engine stand alone all runs smooth, well except for a guitar sim that caused some pops and cracks.

I'll be loading in VEPRO 5, single machine. Can I just go crazy loading in templates and play will sit there politely using few resources when unused like kontakt instruments do? I know, I'll find out soon enough, But that's not soon enough! :)
DP8 - Windows 10 - i7 4ghz - 32 GB RAM - All Internal SSD harmonica with only one broken reed, lava lamp, cordless drill
jazzylee77
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Composers Sound Cloud East West Quantum Leap

Post by jazzylee77 »

I have been continuously downloading for days, and days to come. I have a feeling I can ignore most past complaints about the PLAY engine. When optimized for SSDs everything loads in a snap. I do wish there was user program-ability for custom sets of articulations and their keyswitches, controllers or velocity assignments. But Most of the newer instrument sets give you a choice of keyswitched or "Live" options. Then the stuff left out tend to be things that you might go back and add with another track, scrapes, instrument noise, pizz, ornaments etc. At least I think that is what their logic is.

Hmm... advanced instrument properties. Looks Like I can Frankenstein it after all. :woohoo:
DP8 - Windows 10 - i7 4ghz - 32 GB RAM - All Internal SSD harmonica with only one broken reed, lava lamp, cordless drill