DP8 and Omnisphere 2.1 n00b question

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
spotlizard
Primary DAW OS: Windows

DP8 and Omnisphere 2.1 n00b question

Post by spotlizard »

Hi,
Please forgive what may be a very basic usage question. I tried using the search feature but I don't really know the right keywords to use to find my answer.

I've recently started building a little home studio to house my hardware synths and recently decided that I'd like to start recording some of my efforts, so I got myself a copy of DP8 for Windows (I'm running 64 Bit on Win 10 Pro) and more recently Omnisphere 2.1.

The last time I went anywhere near a DAW was in the early days of Cakewalk, so I had a bit of a learning curve but I figured out most of what I needed to do with the hardware stuff.

Where I'm confused is with Omnisphere. If I create a new project and add a couple of MIDI tracks and Omnisphere instrument tracks I thought I would be able to see the Omnisphere interface appear, to allow me to select patches etc. The trouble is I don't see it. If I play on my MIDI controller I can hear whatever the Omnisphere patch is playing just fine. I just can't get to the main interface to see/change things.

If I create a new project and add an Instrument Track with Options I can get it to launch that way.

I know that in the Mac version (under preferences)there are some settings to control how Audio plugins are displayed but I'm unable to find the equivalent settings in the Windows version.

I'm sure there must be something glaringly obvious that I'm missing but for the life of me I just don't know what it is and where to find it :banghead:

Please help a poor befuddled n00b.

My thanks in advance.