Digital Performer Questions pre sales

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
fraz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Digital Performer Questions pre sales

Post by fraz »

Hi,

What is the copy protection for Digital Performer?
syncrosoft?
iLok
password?
challenge respone?

Is there a 32 bit installer as well as a 64 bit installer?

Am I permitted in install on more than one machine for my own use? - eg a 32 bit and 64 bit if installers are available

Seems weird talking about 32 bit but I've got some hardware that doesn't like 64 bit :deadhorse:

Thanks
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Digital Performer Questions pre sales

Post by mikehalloran »

The Mac version requires 64bit OS but can boot into 32bit mode.

I have no idea if the Windows version of DP will run on Win OS 32bit.

There is only one installer for any build.

The license manager is internet based and authorizes up to two installations, Mac, Win or both. On a third install, it deauthorizes the first one automatically. Unlike most internet based authorizations, you do not have to release a license before authorizing another machine.

The license manager requires your email address, user name and key code (use dashes, not minus signs). They must be entered exactly as on file with MOTU. You have a 30-day demo period to get that worked out and registered properly. Your key code changes with every version; your serial number remains the same and is required for support. If you purchase from a reseller, you will not get your serial number till you have registered with MOTU, then it will be found in your User Account under My Registrations.

If you get the boxed version, it comes with a Quick Start guide (also included in .pdf with DP). The manual is a searchable .pdf file and is no longer offered as a hard copy.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by bayswater »

mikehalloran wrote:The license manager is internet based and authorizes up to two installations, Mac, Win or both.
Not to be picky, but it authorizes two computers. I have three installations on two computers. One is on a test partition.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
kelldammit
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by kelldammit »

fraz wrote:Hi,

What is the copy protection for Digital Performer?
syncrosoft?
iLok
password?
challenge respone?
you enter your key, email, and it activates the installation via their servers.
Is there a 32 bit installer as well as a 64 bit installer?
the installer installs both 32 and 64 bit versions of the software on windows (with links to both in the start menu).
Am I permitted in install on more than one machine for my own use? - eg a 32 bit and 64 bit if installers are available
2 activations can be active at once. I'm pretty sure that one single activation covers both the 64 and 32 bit versions of DP on that machine.
Any additional activations will simply de-authorize the oldest activation. So, if you install/activate on 2 machines, then do so on a third (say for a temporary emergency), the first machine's install will be deactivated. You can then re-activate the first machine, and the second's install will deactivate. You can re-activate that one, and the third machine loses its activation, and so on. I am not aware of a limit to how many activations/deactivations you can cycle through like that, but I probably wouldn't get too carried away :) two is pretty generous.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
ASUS 2.5ghz i7 laptop, 32Gb RAM, win10 x64, RME Babyface, Akai MPK-61, Some Plugins, Guitars and Stuff, Lava Lamps.