Recording all WIN audio in DP?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
vladat
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Recording all WIN audio in DP?

Post by vladat »

I remember being able to set up DP7 on a MBP to record all sound coming out, but I can't figure out how to do it with the Win version...

I'm using Mbox 3, it has it's ASIO driver which I chose in setup-config hardware driver, but that's all I can do. I remember Mac having the option of setting multiple inputs there if I'm not mistaken.

Help much appreciated.
mesayre

Re: Recording all WIN audio in DP?

Post by mesayre »

Hey there,
Could you provide a bit more information? Which version of windows are you on, and which of DP? And I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're trying to do. Are you trying to record all of your computer's audio output onto a track in DP?

I don't recall there being a way to loop-back audio without third party software. If that's what you're looking for, perhaps try the demo of this:

http://www.nerds.de/en/loopbeaudio.html

I haven't used the audio loopback, but I do use their MIDI loopback device and it works great. Simple and solid.
DP 10 - Win 10 - Ultralite AVB
vladat

Re: Recording all WIN audio in DP?

Post by vladat »

Very late to reply, but thank you...I ended up using Audacity for this purpose.

It actually surprises me how much I use Audacity, even though I have Cubase, DP and PT...It's much quicker with simple operations like reversing, separating or merging stereo tracks etc.