Change V-Rack Column Tab Color in DP 9.1

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Mathematics
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Change V-Rack Column Tab Color in DP 9.1

Post by Mathematics »

I just now realized...I don't know how to do this and furthermore, I cannot find where to do this in the current online manual. I must be missing something obvious.

Normally, I deal with the color tabs of the tracks and instrument busses as I create them in the actual sequence, then I move the instruments busses to a V-Rack. This time, I'm creating the instrument busses in the V-Rack directly - now...how do I change the color of the color tabs in which the name of the instrument is allocated?
PC, Win7, DP 9.12, i7/Xeon multi-system gigabit network, Live 9 Suite, Pro Tools, M4L, Melodyne, Waves, Wave Arts, Native Instruments, Xfer, Spectralayers 3, Vienna, EastWest, Izotope, Mackie, Yamaha, AVID, Adobe, MOTU 2408mk3, ART, Rode, Tascam, Sennheiser, dbx, Korg, Akai
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Change V-Rack Column Tab Color in DP 9.1

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

V-racks don't have a color assignment as they are essentially "chunks" not tracks. Instruments not in v-racks can have colors. Maybe that's what you;re thinking?

Not that colors for chances is a bad idea, as is the idea of folders for chunks, but we're not there yet.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Mathematics
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by Mathematics »

Ah...thanks for clearing that up. I guess I just to preassign the color and move the instrument to V-Racks. Hope to see this in 9.11? :lol:
PC, Win7, DP 9.12, i7/Xeon multi-system gigabit network, Live 9 Suite, Pro Tools, M4L, Melodyne, Waves, Wave Arts, Native Instruments, Xfer, Spectralayers 3, Vienna, EastWest, Izotope, Mackie, Yamaha, AVID, Adobe, MOTU 2408mk3, ART, Rode, Tascam, Sennheiser, dbx, Korg, Akai
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Not if they don't give chunks colors and, hopefully, folders. I'd love to divide my projects by Act and Scene instead of a name convention that looks like a Shakespearian table of contents.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS