User interface

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mr175
Primary DAW OS: Windows

User interface

Post by mr175 »

Such a noob question, but . . . In the sequence editor, there are little boxes at the corners of the waveform window. They USED to change the cursor from the crosshair to the crossfade arrows. I could then move them to do a crossfade, or if at the beginning or end, do a fade-in/fade-out. That functionality has disappeared. No matter what combination of clicks and/or buttons, I can't get that back. Double-clicking in the waveform window used to outline the window in blue, and the handles would work. Now the double-click turns the waveform to black-and-white. What to do?
Thanks.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: User interface

Post by mikehalloran »

What versions of DP? What version(s) of Windows? What are you trying to accomplish—be specific?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

What versions of DP? What version(s) of Windows? What are you trying to accomplish—be specific?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

mr175 wrote:Double-clicking in the waveform window used to outline the window in blue, and the handles would work. Now the double-click turns the waveform to black-and-white.
I see from your other posts that you are using DP9, but please give us a system signature, anyway. The fade handles work for me in OS X, but I know that doesn't really help you. However, double clicking the soundbite is supposed to "pop-edit" the soundbite, and I never really understood what that means, as I can't find an explanation of it anywhere in the manual. Perhaps someone can enlighten us both. A single click on the soundbite should bring the blue outline.
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
kdm

Post by kdm »

Check your preferences under Editing - Tools. The top option, Cursor Selection Mode is probably changed to Time Range Selections Only instead of "All Selections".

The former will remove access to the crossfade square (still visible, just not in use), and click no longer selects an audio event/waveform as you are in a selection-only mode for editing.

All Selections allows you to do both - edit by selection (I-beam tool) and click-edit with other tools and functions.

There is a key command option for these edit states, so it is possible you accidentally hit that key command (if one is assigned - I have custom commands so I'm not sure if there is one assigned by default that I removed). Or if not, perhaps you changed the preference without realizing what it did. Easy to do when looking for various preference options.
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

kdm wrote:Check your preferences under Editing - Tools. The top option, Cursor Selection Mode is probably changed to Time Range Selections Only instead of "All Selections".
That's it.
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
mr175

Post by mr175 »

To kdm: Thank you. That fixed it . . .