CC Automation Modes

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
SchrodingersCat
Primary DAW OS: Windows

CC Automation Modes

Post by SchrodingersCat »

I'm using the latest version of DP 9, and I'm seeing some pretty strange behavior with cc automation modes.

When track automation mode is set to "latch" when recording automation, as I understand it the track's previous data for an existing cc will remain intact until a change in that cc happens, at which point the previous cc data will start being replaced with new data.

So, after entering changes to cc 11 or cc 1 (coming in from a BCF2000 or a Roland 700GX, tried both), the new cc data profile is a jagged alternation between new data and previous data. This seems like what one might expect with "touch" mode. This behavior is consistent in "latch" and in "overwrite" modes.

I wonder what I'm not getting here. Has anyone experience similar issues?