Copy Automation Between Lanes/Layers

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Saintmatthew
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Copy Automation Between Lanes/Layers

Post by Saintmatthew »

So, maybe I'm missing something but the manual is silent and there's nothing when searching. Is there a way for me to copy automation between "lanes or "layers" in the Sequence editor. I have a usb lighting controller that is run by a VST plugin, and recently added new lights that use slightly different addressing. The easiest way to integrate would be to copy the current automation to additional lanes but it seems to past all the lanes at once. If I hide lanes and select layers, even after changing it pastes the data back into the same layer, even after selecting a new one. Ugggg.
MacPro 12core 64GB Ram 4 1TB SSDs motu 828mk3 DP 10.11
mesayre
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Copy Automation Between Lanes/Layers

Post by mesayre »

Not sure if you found a solution, but could you use the "Region->Reassign Continuous Data" command?

If you select the "Copy" option at the top, it'll copy any CC data you've selected to another CC you specify. I imagine that'll do the trick, but I'm still on DP8 so YMMV.
DP 10 - Win 10 - Ultralite AVB
Saintmatthew
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Copy Automation Between Lanes/Layers

Post by Saintmatthew »

mesayre wrote:Not sure if you found a solution, but could you use the "Region->Reassign Continuous Data" command?

If you select the "Copy" option at the top, it'll copy any CC data you've selected to another CC you specify. I imagine that'll do the trick, but I'm still on DP8 so YMMV.
That was actually one of the first things I tried. Didn't work at all. Very frustrating.
MacPro 12core 64GB Ram 4 1TB SSDs motu 828mk3 DP 10.11