Template Ideas

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Template Ideas

Post by FMiguelez »

This shows some of the Effects section and dry and wet stems...

Last edited by FMiguelez on Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

This is my bundles window.

It looks like a mess, but everything is exactly where it is and the way it is for a good reason.

Some bundles I have repeated on the chunk, and I have them clearly identified, so I never use them at the same time.

Last edited by FMiguelez on Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Hmmmm. Some of the pictures got cut from the right side, but if you double click on them I think you can see them complete.

Hopefully this will give you ideas. But even with all this, I still manage to have 4 free busses left :lol:

And I could free-up more by "sacrificing" or giving up a full stem, which I have PLENTY of those!

PoliticalBonobo
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by PoliticalBonobo »

FMiguelez wrote:Hmmmm. Some of the pictures got cut from the right side, but if you double click on them I think you can see them complete.

Hopefully this will give you ideas. But even with all this, I still manage to have 4 free busses left :lol:

And I could free-up more by "sacrificing" or giving up a full stem, which I have PLENTY of those!
Ah! Thank you so much, FM! Those pictures are super helpful. I was mentally processing everything going on in them, but now it looks like they are gone! Do you know what happened, and can we get them back?
DP9.5 64bit, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, UA Apollo Quad FireWire interface, Desktop: Intel i7 5820K at 4.0ghz, MSI X99A Gaming 7 mobo, 48gb RAM (DDR4 at 2133 mhz), MSI GTX 960 2GD5T 2GB, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro m.2 SSD (project/system drive). VEP 6
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by terrybritton »

I have begun collecting some videos on using DP, and most of them so far involve routing and templates. Perhaps you will find some inspiring? I have been setting up things according to Dan Kury's approach, which sounds similar to the OP's.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... ic-K0z6bEz

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
Chris T
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Chris T »

Hi FMiguelez

Do you happen to still have those pictures of your Audio Bundles you posted in this forum? I'm curious to know how others organize their Audio Bundles - especially for those with large numbers of Audio tracks / Busses.

thanks
Main SYS: 12-Core New Mac Pro (Dec 2013), 64GB RAM, OS10.10, Apollo Quad Interface, 3xSSD work/sound drives in TB Enclosure, UAD Plugs, DP, VE PRO, All NI, All Spectrasonics, many libraries, VIs etc.
2nd SYS: Intel 8-Core Mac Pro (2007), 28GB RAM, OS10.7, MOTU PCI 424, 2408 interfaces (4), DP8.07, VE PRO, All NI, All Spectrasonics, many libraries, VIs etc.
2 Mac Minis (2011): Dual Quad, 16GB RAM running VE Pro, various libraries in Kontakt, G-Player, UVI.