Before i press ''UNINSTALL'' can anyone help?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
ushi
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Before i press ''UNINSTALL'' can anyone help?

Post by ushi »

HI,

pulling out ( what little) hair I have over this still.

I have only one output device in my windows control panel.
It is a multichannel HDMI driver for my graphics card.
It is configured as six channels ( 5.1 surround )
When tested directly from the windows control panel to my av receiver I hear the appropriate sounds through the appropriate channels/speakers.
This is the only output device I can select in DP9 set up.
When I go to 'bundles' I see the HDMI output, but it only says 2 channel, and when I try to change it to 5.1, although the drop down list gives me the option of selecting it, no further outputs appear in the matrix- in fact all outputs disappear. only when 2 channel is selected does the channel buttons appear.
In the mixing view, I only get the output option of 1/2, and no other??

I love Digital performer
I hate Digital performer
I love digital performer
I hate digital performer :wink: :wink:

Anybody?

Many thanks keith
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Before i press ''UNINSTALL'' can anyone help?

Post by mikehalloran »

You might try calling MOTU on Wednesday morning when they open.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
nickk
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Before i press ''UNINSTALL'' can anyone help?

Post by nickk »

Hi Keith - In Configure Hardware Driver, are you using the Windows Audio driver or the ASIO driver? Using the Windows Audio driver will limit you to a stereo output (even on multichannel devices), whereas an ASIO driver will be able to access the full channel configuration.

If your hardware doesn't have an ASIO driver available, I'd suggest installing ASIO4ALL and using that as your driver. Depending on the hardware this will often open up the full set of outputs.

NK
Nick
MOTU Tech Support
617-576-3066 - Tech Support

My toybox:
i7 4790k, 32GB RAM, 120GB SSD
Mac OS 10.9.5 (hackintosh) and Windows 10.
DP7 - 9; Cubase 8.5; VEP5; NI Komplete 9.
MOTU 1248