help with quicscribe....

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
HARDDRlVER
Primary DAW OS: Windows

help with quicscribe....

Post by HARDDRlVER »

So.i recorded a nice little MIDI track and opened it up in quckscribe. The staff is present, but the characters look as if you'd find them on the side of a ufo.
I've done this before with no issues but now it's hiroglphics
Any thoughts on this?
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: help with quicscribe....

Post by stubbsonic »

Hmm. Makes me wonder if your quickscribe fonts are loaded correctly, or if something happened to that font.

Ordinarily, DP will use that font and position those characters on the staff.

Since you've done it before, I'm wondering what might have changed. Perhaps you need to reinstall DP?
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: help with quicscribe....

Post by mikehalloran »

Along with reinstalling DP (I agree), check for duplicate fonts.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro