Busses not working?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
vladat
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Busses not working?

Post by vladat »

Hi all,

I did a reinstall of Win 7 recently and my DP 8.07 won't let any sound out except from Main Out 1-2. The signal doesn't show in the Mixer when going through any bus :cry:
I tried going to Bundles and deleting, than making busses, tried reinstalling DP, Mbox and Audiophile 2496 drivers (I have both on the PC)...

What is going on? I mean, DP on Win is buggy, especially with audio files - crashes all the time for me - but this is really weird. It worked on the same machine before.

Ideas greatly appreciated.
vladat

Re: Busses not working?

Post by vladat »

Update:

bussing works with Windows audio selected as the driver in the setup/configure audio system. It doesn't when m-audio or mbox asio drivers are selected.

does anyone have any experience with this?
toni_bena
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by toni_bena »

You will probably have to re-assign all busses. Pls check if busses appear on cursive characters, if so then you have to re-assign them all. Check also if those busses are still created, or have disappeared. As long as you did a reinstall, those things might have happened.
Windows 10 Pro x64 / ASUS P5Q PRO / Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 @ 2.66GHz 8 Gb Ram DDR2 800Mhz / NVIDIA GeForce GT520 / 2 x WD 500 Mb / CD-DVD RW PLEXTOR / RME FF400
vladat

Post by vladat »

Thank you Toni,

I did do all that, but it wasn't it.
In the meantime I've been digging through various options, and might have stumbled upon what MOTU's support replied to me today:

"Thanks for contacting us. When you go to Setup > Configure Audio System > Input Monitoring Mode, which option is currently selected? If direct hardware playthrough is selected, then the internal bussing system in DP will be disabled while any tracks are input monitor- or record-enabled.

If it's "Monitor record-enabled tracks through effects" is selected and you're still experiencing the issue, could you please send me a screenshot of your Bundles window on the Outputs tab and the Busses tab? This could shed some light on the issue."

I do remember enabling monitoring the other day, but I didn't notice that it made any effect immediately, maybe I was to busy banging my head on the table.

I guess it's one of those options that don't automatically switch from DP's default after a new installation, even when you open an old project and set it as default as I did.

I hope this helps someone save his/her forehead in the future.