need advice on windows laptop

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
markthree
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

need advice on windows laptop

Post by markthree »

Hi, i need to find a mobile solution as I'll be moving around for a few months, and won't be able to have my mac pro with me all the time.

I cannot afford a MacBook Pro and since I invested a lot in my trashcan mac pro, I wouldn't want to spend that much money for another mac, so I was considering a PC laptop with 16 GB of ram and an i7 processor...for example a recent HP Envy 15 or 17...for 1200 Euros they have 16 gb of ram, 5th generation i7 processor, usb3 etc...

the only drawback is the Hard drive that's a slow 5400rpm...

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestion regarding this and have experience running Digital Performer 9 on pc (never tried myself) with just Vienna Instruments Pro instances and maybe a few kontakt instances.

thanks a lot in advance for your help

all the best!
Mac Pro Late 2013
6-core - 64 GB Ram
UA Apollo Twin
OSX 10.10.5
DP 9.01