any way to play CD while DP8 is up?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
HARDDRlVER
Primary DAW OS: Windows

any way to play CD while DP8 is up?

Post by HARDDRlVER »

I'm running out of my laptop which has the DP8..out a spdif optical into my Roland VS2480. At times I'll drop a cd into the laptop and play it out the optical into the waiting DAW. I found the other night that if DP8 is running, it won't let the audio cd play...that is the cd cannot be heard. I can see in windows media player that it's playing but no sound no matter what I do.
I can't find a way to import the cd directly into DP8 to see if it will work that way. I'm not that interested in playing the CD thru DP8 unless that's the only way to go.
But the only thing that let's the cd be heard is shutting down dp8 completely, and that's just not an option.
Any thoughts on that?
thanks for all your help
raikageninja
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: any way to play CD while DP8 is up?

Post by raikageninja »

I see this post is a few weeks old, but in case you haven't got it yet I'll try to help. I had the same problem when I first got DP set up, and it was because Windows had installed a driver for my audio interface and was using that instead of the driver from the manufacturer. You might check some other settings in Windows. In your playback devices under the advanced tab you can uncheck the boxes for exclusive mode if they are checked, and you may also want to set the sample rate for Windows at the same sample rate you're using for DP.
Windows 10 PC Build
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
DP9.01