Playback multiple tracks

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
herrieman
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Playback multiple tracks

Post by herrieman »

Hello,

At the moment I am considering to purchase an audio interface which I would like to use with Digital Performer. Since I would like to use it for a quite special purpose I first want to find out if this program will fit my needs before I buy it.
I am a complete newbie when it comes to Digital Performer, so sorry in advance for incorrectly naming functions, features etcetera.
Here goes: I would like to use Digital Performer with the interface for three purposes during a live performance:
1: playback a clicktrack that I use during live performances
2: playback some samples at the start of a new song, and since this is in sync with the clicktrack it should make for quite a cool effect

Nothing shocking so far I guess, just a matter of assigning the clicktrack to 1 output channel and the samples to another output channel. But here is where it gets interesting:

3: in between the songs I would like to have a "backing track" running, so for example some guitar chords that prevent the stage from going completely silent. This track should start at the end of a song and stop at the start of the next song.
Off course I could simply put the "backing track" in between the songs, but I do not want to keep a fixed time between 2 songs. Also, if I have to skip a song in the set due to time constraints this will be audible. I want to be able to do stuff in the click track channel without affecting the playback of the "backing track".
Even cooler would be to have a different looping "backing track" after each song, so basically the start of a loop depends on the ending of a certain click track.
Can anyone tell me if such a thing is possible?
I´m not trying to get any of you to do this for me but I simply would like to know if this is possible at all.

Cheers,

Patrick
jbyerly1
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Playback multiple tracks

Post by jbyerly1 »

D.P will do everything you just mentioned through the song window. Many great video's out there about D.P. to watch before you jump in
Mac Pro 4,1, OS 10.9.5, 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB 1066 MHz, DP 8.07, Apogee Ensemble, UA SOLO 610, Euphonix MC Control & MC mix, JBL Monitors, Ocean Way Drums Gold, Komplete 7, Waves Classic Studio Bundle,Stylus RMX, iZotope RX,1TB glyph Drive, Carvin 6 string Bass
http://www.HorizonEntertainment-NC.com
herrieman
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Playback multiple tracks

Post by herrieman »

Yay, that's great news. I'll give it a try this week then.
Thanks for your reply!

Cheers,

Patrick