Digital Performer 8.04 Windows and UAD plugins

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on Windows.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [Windows] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
RichStudio
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Digital Performer 8.04 Windows and UAD plugins

Post by RichStudio »

I am using (trying to use) Digital Performer 8.04 on a Windows 7 machine with UAD2 (ver 7.3) plugins.When DP scans the plug ins, it takes forever.
Alot of the plugins fail.
I went to the plugin folder / list and tried to remove the folder that the UAD plugs were in.
However, the UAD plugins are still listed.
How do I remove these from the plugin list?
Has anyone had success with UAD plugins and DP Windows?
I have zero issues with DP and UAD on my OSX machines.
Thanks,
Rich
etl17
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Digital Performer 8.04 Windows and UAD plugins

Post by etl17 »

I am using DP 8.05 (just released) on Win7 64bit with UAD2 plugins without any issues. It may help to select the plugins that "failed" and click re-examine.
DP 9, Win 7 64bit, 24GB RAM, RME HDSPe / Digiface, UAD 2, Powercore x8, HUI, 1 million plugins!
JHTorch
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Digital Performer 8.04 Windows and UAD plugins

Post by JHTorch »

I am doing the 30 day trial of DP8 on a Win 77/64-bit system with the UAD-2 card. (Current primary DAW is Nuendo 4). So far, there is a lot to like with DP but I've been getting a couple of odd issues:

1. occasionally the level meters both on the mixer and the meter bridge will freeze although playback is fine even after I stop and start playing the sequence; seems to happen occasionally after I open a UAD plug and then tweak;

2. I receive a UAD2 error message indicating that the buffer size is not an expected "0"

3. playback chokes occasionally even though I'm not stressing my system with plugs and/or ultra-low buffers.

I am using DP (so far) with the optional firewire card for the Tascam DM-3200 digital mixer. I also have a Lynx Aurora 8 to try and compare with DP but I have yet to implement with DP. (I also have a MOTU MkII interface, though it is not hooked up to my PC (the 424 card still sits in the PCI slot though).

Any ideas? I'm not sure if these are just config issues or DP8 bugs in the Win version or a combo of the two.