Icon Platform-M iMap software out for Mac

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
Gravity Jim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Icon Platform-M iMap software out for Mac

Post by Gravity Jim »

Well, it took them long enough, but the iMap software has finally been released for Macintosh. You can get it here:

https://support.iconproaudio.com/hc/en- ... latform-M-

Best feature? Being able to update the firmware. You really do have to connect the Platform-M directly to your Mac (not through a USB hub, for example) as per the instructions for the update to succeed. Just updated mine from 1.0 to 1.14 (iMap automatically downloads the latest firmware from the Icon website).
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Icon Platform-M iMap software out for Mac

Post by James Steele »

That's very good news. Having that software move from vaporware to the real deal makes a big difference and makes their product look much more attractive.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
joelmusic

Post by joelmusic »

Hello Gravity Jim -
I was wondering if you knew the answer to something...
I just bought a Platform M+.
In iMap, I have it in 'user defined' mode and most things are lining up with DP.
I would like to be able to use the Read and Write buttons to enable automation so I can overwrite (or not) volume data.
Those buttons aren't mapped.
I've been looking through DP and don't see a way to enable automation except by physically clicking it - and there don't seem to be any key commands except to bring up the automation setup.
Do you know a way to do this?

Thanks! :)
Joel
Mac Studio Max - 32GB Ram, Komplete Kontrol S88, Komplete 13, DP11, UAD Apollo Twin Duo, East/West Composer Cloud, Vienna, Arturia V8, Yamaha Enspire Pro Disklavier Piano
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Bummer, the new Mac iMap doesn't read WIN-generated mappings...
Iconpro knows about it...
While we are at it...
2 Platform M are not seen by AMS as 2, only 1, in OS 10.7
2 BCF2000 are seen as 2...
Does anyone know a tool that can help ?
Best
Klaus
ivorysteve

Post by ivorysteve »

Hey, Gravity Jim,

Piggybacking on this thread a bit, as you're the Icon Platform-M / DP expert. I'm considering getting a Platform M, specifically to use the faders to automate Expression (CC11) data with DP. Maybe I'm missing something, but in all the posts I've seen on this site on this, I haven't seen this mentioned as a feature on the web page or in the manual. Is this possible (using the iMap software, maybe), that you know of?

Thanks for any insight!

Steve
-------
2018 Mac mini 6-core i7 32 GB RAM, UHD Graphics with 2 displays, MacOS Big Sur
2019 MacBook Pro i9 8-core 32 GB RAM, MacOS Big Sur as VEP slave
MOTU M4 audio IF, Monogram CC controller
DP 11
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

I don't know the answers to these questions, because I'm not a Platform-M "expert:" I just own one, and I don't use it for anything but mixing tracks.

I assume you can program it to send any CC# messages you like, save the config and recall it through the companion software at any time. But I haven't tried that, so I don't know for sure.

The Read & Write Buttons? I haven't even tried them. I guess I assumed they were married to the master fader, since they live on that strip. No clue.

Klaus, are you saying you want DP to see the two as separate devices?
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

It does work. However, you need to set it up with the IMAP software and delete it from the Control Surface setup. The setup I am considering is continue using my present M+ as daw controller while setting up an extender I stand alone MIDI mode. This supposedly will work. What this means is that one of them will be as Control Surface, while the other will act as MIDI controller, setup with the iMap software

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Music is movement in silence
My day jon - http://www.audioplanet.pl
My other passion - http://www.aps-company.pl
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Gravity Jim wrote:I don't know the answers to these questions, because I'm not a Platform-M "expert:" I just own one, and I don't use it for anything but mixing tracks.

I assume you can program it to send any CC# messages you like, save the config and recall it through the companion software at any time. But I haven't tried that, so I don't know for sure.

The Read & Write Buttons? I haven't even tried them. I guess I assumed they were married to the master fader, since they live on that strip. No clue.

Klaus, are you saying you want DP to see the two as separate devices?
Yes, in 10.7 this is not the case, but in 10.8 two identical Platform M are seen as 2 devices...
Is it possible to use a later AMS ( from 10.8 ) in 10.7, and how ?
Klaus
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

For the read/write buttons you click on one of them and then you hit the select button of the track you want changed.
Music is movement in silence
My day jon - http://www.audioplanet.pl
My other passion - http://www.aps-company.pl
rjaret

Post by rjaret »

supersonic wrote:It does work. However, you need to set it up with the IMAP software and delete it from the Control Surface setup. The setup I am considering is continue using my present M+ as daw controller while setting up an extender I stand alone MIDI mode. This supposedly will work. What this means is that one of them will be as Control Surface, while the other will act as MIDI controller, setup with the iMap software

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Supersonic. Have you tried MIDI mode yet? I'm curious if the MIDI data will also drive the faders, either for just volume/pan (cc7/cc10) or other cc values like expression (cc11).

Thanks!