The Chair, or what do you sit on?

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
HCMarkus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: The Chair, or what do you sit on?

Post by HCMarkus »

Costco was $149... maybe I'm just easy, but I spend hours in my chair without pain. OTOH, if my body was hurting, $500 would be a small price to pay for comfort.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Thanks for all the replies :). Looks like the Aeon chair rules.
Music is movement in silence
My day jon - http://www.audioplanet.pl
My other passion - http://www.aps-company.pl
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

If you play a guitar or bass consider getting it without arms.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
CONTROSOL

Post by CONTROSOL »

wylie1 wrote:I've had lots of chairs come and go but this old wooden office chair is my favorite,kind of hard to see but its as old as I am.
Its great for just picking up a guitar and chopping away.
It also squeaks and is on quit a few recordings.

What advantages for guitarist? I play classical, flamenco and buy recently a Godin classical, love charvel guitars

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

...of course, a stand-up desk is supposed to be great. I had my eye on one of those that can be used standing it sitting, but decided not to spend the coin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Rick Cornish wrote:...of course, a stand-up desk is supposed to be great. I had my eye on one of those that can be used standing it sitting, but decided not to spend the coin.
My wife had to have one so I bought it for Christmas. She loves it. I got her this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JI ... UTF8&psc=1

Setup couldn’t be easier. Take it out of the box, set it on the desk and you’re done.

With my handicap, it’s out of the question but I can’t imagine ever liking one even if I was of sound body again.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Getting the nearfeild monitors to follow you might be a bit of a challenge... just sayin' :smash:
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

A comfy office chair with a must for guitar players - armrests that swivel back down so making playing guitar easy.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.2, Studio One 6.5 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I'll spare you the crappy chair I currently use (Sealy from Staples) but I will tell you that every pro studio I've worked in, whether for music, post video, etc., ALL use Henry Miller, Harry Miller... um... Herman Musnter chair. I have a friend who sells them and can snag me one at cost, but it's still a fairly big expense. Surely my next one will be the Munster chair. I'm sick of buying and pitching chairs every few years.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I'll spare you the crappy chair I currently use (Sealy from Staples) but I will tell you that every pro studio I've worked in, whether for music, post video, etc., ALL use Henry Miller, Harry Miller... um... Herman Musnter chair. I have a friend who sells them and can snag me one at cost, but it's still a fairly big expense. Surely my next one will be the Munster chair. I'm sick of buying and pitching chairs every few years.

imo the Aeron or other quality chairs are worth the expense,they generally help keep our backs in better shape,are extremely configurable and are built to last a real long time

@ MLC sump thing for you to ponder,of course you know choosing what someone chooses to sit on can be a great experience or a total disaster if the correct choice isn't made. :love: :shock: :vomit: :woohoo:
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
MIDI Life Crisis

kgdrum wrote: @ MLC sump thing for you to ponder,of course you know choosing what someone chooses to sit on can be a great experience or a total disaster if the correct choice isn't made. :love: :shock: :vomit: :woohoo:
I love it when you talk dirty... LOL
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

It’s amazing how we always understand the nuances of each other’s filthy mind! :-)
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
MIDI Life Crisis

kgdrum wrote:It’s amazing how we always understand the nuances of each other’s filthy mind! :-)
My mind isn't dirty. It's just soiled.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

CONTROSOL wrote:
What advantages for guitarist? I play classical, flamenco and buy recently a Godin classical, love charvel guitars

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Basically no arms.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
LindaValdez

Post by LindaValdez »

I am a game planner, so I have to sit in front of the computer for a long time. I use a chair to work, about 8 hours a day. I recently discovered that I have some cervical problems, and then I consider changing to a more comfortable computer chair for sedentary. I received a Vertagear S-Line SL2000 racing game chair. This chair is of high quality. I am a 6-foot-2, 240-pound man with a wide shoulder. This chair is very easy to adjust and tries to make it suitable for anyone. My head won't exceed the top of the headrest, it fits me perfectly! I have tried using my friend's AKRacing chair and my other room DXRacer chair, this is by far the most comfortable.