A Question Regarding the Art of Mixing Down. . .

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
artfarm1
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: A Question Regarding the Art of Mixing Down. . .

Post by artfarm1 »

You'll love the Sonarworks!

When I can, I enjoy just re-listening to some favourite music all over again just to hear how it should really sound over nice flat-lined, great sounding calibrated speakers.

Now I know what to aim for out of my humble studio setup.
DP 11, OS Ventura
MacMini 2023 M2Pro, 16 gig RAM, MOTU M6, SSD drives for everything, various sound/sampled libraries from all major vendors, Logic Pro X, DSP-Quattro
MacBook Pro 2015, OSX Monterey, 2.5ghz, 16 gig RAM (w/duplicate software as in MacMini setup)
Trombones: King 2B SilverSonic, King 2B Liberty, & Conn 88H w/Doug Elliott mouthpieces!
http://www.cammillarmusic.com
leigh

Post by leigh »

artfarm1 wrote:You'll love the Sonarworks!
Hey artfarm1,

I just got both the headphone and speaker plugins and did a very quick and dirty speaker measurement. So easy to use with one of my Earthworks QTC-40 microphones which has a very flat response curve. Wow!

Thanks for mentioning this!

I have it in the last insert on my Master fader and I'm a little worried I'll forget it's there when I do a bounce. Have you ever had that problem?

**Leigh
I don't care what you play. I care how you play.— Karl Berger

iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W, 128GB RAM, Mac OS X 14.2, DP 11.3
VSL, VE Pro 7, MIR Pro 3D, UVI Falcon, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Ozone 9 Advanced, RX 8 Advanced, Dorico 5, Metric Halo ULN-8-3D mkiv, ULN-2-3D & 2882-3D interfaces, Novation Impulse-49, various mics
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

I use what I believe to be a similar system, IK Multimedia ARC System 2 , and like artfarm with Sonarworks find it very useful.

I have left ARC engaged on one or two occasions when bounding down, but noticed immediately and simply re-ran the mix with ARC bypassed. I got it on sale for $200 last year, including mic, but it is now running $300 at Sweetwater.