Mix not missing in Ozone 7—just not visible like in 5

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Mix not missing in Ozone 7—just not visible like in 5

Post by mikehalloran »

I started a new thread for this. No reason to hijack Plugin Sales... for this.
toodamnhip wrote:
mikehalloran wrote:
musicman691 wrote:As far as the mix control I believe that disappeared in Ozone 6; same time as the reverb disappeared.
Although Reverb was dropped in Ozone 6/7, Mix was not. Since there is no longer reverb, the control was changed to Parallel in the dynamic modules that used to have Mix. From the Ozone 7 documentation:

Parallel
Adjust this slider to control the dry/wet mix of direct, unprocessed signal to the processed signal for the module.

This slider is very useful for applying the technique called “parallel compression” where you can mix in a desired amount of unprocessed signal.

In the Exciter section, each of the bands is still a mix control.

I still use the reverbs from Ozone 5 Advanced.
There used to be faders for each module, each controlling mix % amount. As of 6, gone.
Sorry, you have it wrong. I just opened 5, 6 and 7. Each of the modules in 5 had an equivalent control in 6 and 7—no functionality is missing except for Reverb. The controls are present if you look for them and know what they do. I pointed out one example from the documentation. That you can't control the amount of an effect such as EQ, Exciter, Compression etc. is absurd—fortunately, it's not correct.

I miss the little bank of sliders that Ozone 5 had—that was a nicer interface. Izotope did no one any favors changing the interface the way that they did. A tutorial highlighting the interface changes would have been nice, too.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro