Korg NanoKontrol2 - Thoughts

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
waxman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Korg NanoKontrol2 - Thoughts

Post by waxman »

Gravity Jim wrote: started using an iPad I had laying around with a app called DAW Control that I really like: easy set-up and everything worked off the bat. If you've got an iPad there are some nice control surface solutions.
I bought and used V-Control. I liked it... then it got unstable. Now it works great again. Have you tried that one? It's $49 bucks
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
billf

Post by billf »

PT Control works well with DP9 and is free. You just need to set it up in DP as a Euphonix controller and sync it to your iPad.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

waxman, V-Control looks swell, but at 99 dollars for the app and 49 dollars a year for the license, it's not swell enough. :)
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
waxman

Post by waxman »

Gravity Jim wrote:waxman, V-Control looks swell, but at 99 dollars for the app and 49 dollars a year for the license, it's not swell enough. :)
Actually Jim... V-Control Pro 1 is FREE... I used it and liked it... I don't see where it's $99 for the app for V-Control 2. I think it's $49 per year total. But the point is it works, is multi touch and at $49 bucks it's the best I have used other then the RAVEN MTi2 which is another class. The V-Control beats the heck out of hardware mixers. Try the demo I think you will dig it.
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

V-Control Pro 1 doesn't seem to be available. On the iPad App Store, V-Control Pro is priced at $99.99, which I assume includes a one-year license. After that, $49 a year.

I'd ove to try the old one, but I think I've read elsewhere on this forum that it's gone, and I sure can't find it.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
waxman

Post by waxman »

Gravity Jim wrote:V-Control Pro 1 doesn't seem to be available. On the iPad App Store, V-Control Pro is priced at $99.99, which I assume includes a one-year license. After that, $49 a year.

I'd ove to try the old one, but I think I've read elsewhere on this forum that it's gone, and I sure can't find it.
I think it comes with the demo download... I would contact the company... if not you are welcome to mine...
waxman