The Raven MTi2 Thread

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
toodamnhip
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: The Raven MTi2 Thread

Post by toodamnhip »

labman wrote:So whats the best way to get from MacPro in machine room out 35 feet to Raven? (Please forgive if someone somewhere already answered this.)
Two tin cans and a long string?
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

toodamnhip wrote:Two tin cans and a long string?
LOL!

What size can? What gauge string?
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

labman wrote:
LOL!

Thats classified info only available if you buy the Slate “everything" Bundle.
You see, “everything” means EVERYTHING...
In case you don't know, tin cans and strings are a part of “everything” there is, and Slate sells it.
Mac Pro (Late 2013
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
labman

Post by labman »

toodamnhip wrote:
labman wrote:
LOL!

Thats classified info only available if you buy the Slate “everything" Bundle.
You see, “everything” means EVERYTHING...
In case you don't know, tin cans and strings are a part of “everything” there is, and Slate sells it.
Jeepers. I do own two of the 'everything' licenses. I guess they left the strings and can out of my box.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
waxman

Post by waxman »

labman wrote:So whats the best way to get from MacPro in machine room out 35 feet to Raven? (Please forgive if someone somewhere already answered this.)
if you are talking about a macpro trash can use the hdmi out to a SDI converter and amp the signal. HDMI is 25 feet at best but HDMI cables are expensive... Use a usb extender cable with a signal amp... both cables solutions are about $50
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
labman

Post by labman »

waxman wrote: if you are talking about a macpro trash can use the hdmi out to a SDI converter and amp the signal. HDMI is 25 feet at best but HDMI cables are expensive... Use a usb extender cable with a signal amp... both cables solutions are about $50
I have an older tower Mac Pro, but my third party video card has both a DVI and an HDMI out on it. (Currently only using DVI). I have a bunch of USB amps thank aren't being used. But have never heard of SDI converter. What brand do you use Waxman?

Thanks for your help! I am sorta excited to see how the raven helps my workflow.
labman

Post by labman »

So far everything is working. Screen isn't reacting as smooth as I would like. Probably need to re-vitalize.

On the V-Control Pro thing, it is obviously working. Do we still need to purchase it from Neyrinck? Or is that included with the Slate purchase.
labman

Post by labman »

Need some help Waxman and TooDamn and all you Raven veterans. Are your DP track names in TO window and Markers window sharp. Mine aint. They are jagged and a bit smeary.
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

labman wrote:Need some help Waxman and TooDamn and all you Raven veterans. Are your DP track names in TO window and Markers window sharp. Mine aint. They are jagged and a bit smeary.
They are sharp
Mac Pro (Late 2013
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
labman

Post by labman »

toodamnhip wrote:
labman wrote:Need some help Waxman and TooDamn and all you Raven veterans. Are your DP track names in TO window and Markers window sharp. Mine aint. They are jagged and a bit smeary.
They are sharp
Hmmm... Can you read PDFs just as easily as on your mac screen? Are you coming off Mac directly or thru HDMI amplifier?
waxman

Post by waxman »

I'm confused... In the DP window on a second monitor or the Raven?
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
labman

Post by labman »

waxman wrote:I'm confused... In the DP window on a second monitor or the Raven?
On the Raven screen. Reading a PDF is pretty hard on eyes. And the DP track names and marker window text is jagged too. Is it because the pixel size is larger, or because we are sitting right on top of it? Or is your text all peachy nice?

(All is just fine with text on the other monitors)
waxman

Post by waxman »

my text is sharp... do you have display set to Raven default? Check with JameyZ on Slate forum.
waxman
labman

Post by labman »

Jamey and I have been working on it. Hoping for solution soon. MY elderly eyes can't handle it. 8)
labman

Post by labman »

Need some help with Raven mixer.

How do I show only certain tracks in the Raven mixer. In DP we have mixer layouts and now in DP 9 we have track Layouts too, which show or hide desired trks. I have 450+ trks in my orch template and am always switching to see only the strgs, or precussion etc. How do I make the Raven mixer mirror what is seen in DP?