The Raven MTi2 Thread

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
waxman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: The Raven MTi2 Thread

Post by waxman »

Matt thanks so much for expediting an MTi2 replacement. Your company has THE BEST support I have experienced in 30 years in the business. I am SO STOKED to be able to get the studio changed over from the MCU pro and XTs I was using.
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
JameyZ

Post by JameyZ »

Hey fellow DP users.. Jamey Z here from Slate Media Technology..
I wanted to drop by and say Hi, and that I will be checking out this forum to help Raven users and hopefully get ideas for future updates..

Here are a couple tutorial videos I did to explain some more advanced features of the Batch Command system.

https://youtu.be/wwNRxAn_4aQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsB6aydBT-Q
Jamey Z
Slate Media Technology
Raven Software Design
Jamey@stevenslate.com
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

Watching this thread with great interest.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

I've got my starter toolbars all mapped out and am doing some real work. This is the greatest.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

JameyZ wrote:Hey fellow DP users.. Jamey Z here from Slate Media Technology..
I wanted to drop by and say Hi, and that I will be checking out this forum to help Raven users and hopefully get ideas for future updates..
That's it.. I'm officially interested.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

mattdodge wrote:Hey Guys,

My name is Matt Dodge, Software Director for Slate Media Technology & the RAVEN Multi-Touch Consoles. I wanted to formally introduce myself and let you guys know that my colleagues and I will be keeping an eye out here with the intention of providing RAVEN DP users with support, as well as answer any questions some of you might have. Furthermore, RAVEN DP is a new release and growing product, I’d love to hear your feedback and ideas for future updates as we're always working to improve for our customers.

Thank you,

md
--
Matt Dodge
Software Director,
Slate Media Technology // Slate Digital LLC
slatemt.com // slatedigital.com
Very glad to have you here, Matt! :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Moonlightmusic

Post by Moonlightmusic »

First post here. I stumbled on this board while searching some things on the MTi2. I'm a PT user so I hope it's ok that I'm hanging around! :) seems like I'm in the minority. I do a lot of mixing for a guy who records with DP.....does that count?? Lol.

I got my Mti2 last week. Had it shipped to the Inlaws in Ky since Id be here all week. After spending hours and having no luck, I called tech support with slate. Actually worked with Matt who has commented here. It was determined that my 2010 Macbook has too small of a graphics card to work with the Raven. Bummed to say the least. I work about 70 hours a week in My Michigan studio. I have a great iMac there so im sure ill have no issues. But I winter in FL and track there non stop as well. Sooooooo I told the wife I need $2500 for a new MBP. That's fetting ordered next week.

I won't be able to hook up to my iMac til I get home next week and I'm dying!!!! I WILL say:

1. Slate tech support was great. Very patient and kind. Took forever to reach them by phone- 3 hours of calling. I'm not much for emailing and hoping for a response but maybe next time. They were great though.

2. I loved the parts of the Raven I got to experience when my laptop was able to catch up. The faders were super responsive and felt very natural. I think I'm going to freaking love it. It was very cool and intuitive to touch the plugins.

I'll update once I've had a few days on it next week.
iMac 32 Gigs ram, i7, Slate Raven MTi2, Focusrite 18i20, Octo pre 2, All Slate plug ins, Waves Chris Lord Alge Sig Series, Neuman, Audio Technica, Mohave and a zillion more mics, Yamaha Motif XF8, Warrick Thumb Bolt On 5 String bass, 1962 Fender Strat, Martin Acoustic ........too much to name......
waxman

Post by waxman »

Moonlightmusic wrote: Sooooooo I told the wife I need $2500 for a new MBP. That's fetting ordered next week. .
Does your wife have a sister?
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
Moonlightmusic

Post by Moonlightmusic »

Lol. My wife never says a thing about my studio purchases (I try to be wise and frugal) or hunting trips. Not one thing. I'm certainly aware how lucky I am!
iMac 32 Gigs ram, i7, Slate Raven MTi2, Focusrite 18i20, Octo pre 2, All Slate plug ins, Waves Chris Lord Alge Sig Series, Neuman, Audio Technica, Mohave and a zillion more mics, Yamaha Motif XF8, Warrick Thumb Bolt On 5 String bass, 1962 Fender Strat, Martin Acoustic ........too much to name......
delcosmos
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by delcosmos »

So far I'm loving my Raven MTI2 with DP.
I'm using it with Mountain Lion and DP8.07.

The only problem I'm having is when I hard pan a track on the Raven Mixer, for some reason that hard pan doesn't shows on my DP mixer, it gets only half panned.

Do you know if there is some kind of calibration for this? I filled a support ticket today but its Thanks Giving day, I doubt I'll get a response.

A.
8.07 64bit, Spire, Nexus, Fab FilterDiva, Gladiator, Nexus, Sylenth, Stylus RMX, Live 9, Reason 6.5, Komplete 8, AD Keys, AD Drums, Geist, Ivory, Waves 9 Mercury, Sound Toys, Fab, VEPro, Reason, Live, UAD2, x3 2408mk3, PCI424, MAC PRO Dual 3.46 Ghz 12 core Intel Xeon, Memory: 64gb ram, MAC OS X: 10.8.6
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

I've noticed that panning thing, too. The workaround seems to be cranking the pan knob in the DP mixer all the way to one side. After that, it seems to stay in synch with the Raven mixer.

You can see there is a point during launch that Raven synchs itself to DP's mixer, but maybe that needs a tweak. And if you're starting with a new project, with all pan knobs straight up to begin with, the Raven mixer seems to work fine.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Updated to 10.11.1 to assist in the general effort.

Raven 3.0.1 running nicely under El Capitan, with a few minor weird things that I've reported... most connected to the pan knobs in the Raven mixer, and certainly nothin' that don't stop no show. I'm happy to have the improved performance of 10.11 back, and even Raven responds faster and more smoothly to touch navigation commands.
Jim Bordner

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Thank you for the continued reports. Might be time to let go of my AlphaTrack. :) Besides... I may need that Section 179 deduction before the end of the year! :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

James Steele wrote:Thank you for the continued reports. Might be time to let go of my AlphaTrack. :) Besides... I may need that Section 179 deduction before the end of the year! :)
I heard that! I bought some gear this year just for the write-off (and to improve the work, of course). A used MOTU 896mk3, a Fuchs ODS 50 head, the Raven, and a long list of plugs and VIs. I've also got an old friend (and great luthier) building me a custom acoustic modeled on a 1950s Gibson J50. Crazy fun year... But I did talk myself out of a second Raven!!
Jim Bordner

waxman

Post by waxman »

I received the replacement about 1:30 Friday. It took about 5 hours to figure out a new ergonomic set up. Yeah whatever we are a little slow in So Cal...

I was amazed to get everything so close. It feels good yet not cramped. The whole set up is lower in height which opens up the stereo field. It's like a traditional console set up except it's all right in front of me on the Raven. The 30" Apple Cinema Display sits between the speakers eye level. Speakers are 40" apart and I am sitting about 43" back. I will probably just keep the UAD Mixer page on it. Especially when tracking drums and multiple instruments since it's the visual input stage of the entire studio. I was able to keep the Maschine Studio next to the Raven. I needed to move the NI S61 key controller to the left which will be a bit of a challenge.

Take away is on the Raven 27 no worry about having to reach. It's almost like having it half way in your lap. Different but cool. Ergonomically mo betta...
waxman