The Raven MTi2 Thread

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
Michael Canavan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: The Raven MTi2 Thread

Post by Michael Canavan »

wonder wrote:Waxman,

Glad you're happy with your Raven. I was just about to order one then decided on another piece of gear that took priority. I was unhappy with that piece and just returned it.
I'm not against the Raven just yet ... but I definitely rely massively on Keystrokes, quick mouse movements, and hands-on workflow.

I'd just hate to get the Raven and find it slows my workflow bc I'm so set in my ways of Shortcuts, quick trackball mouse, etc etc.

If you're near L.A. ... would you be open to showing someone (Me) how you're working with your Raven?
I wouldn't say there's some sort of massive conflict between keyboard shortcuts and the Raven.
There are some for DP that are so easy I see no reason to use a macro for them, but mouse movement wise, it's rarer and rarer I go to the mouse. The main thing, and it cannot be stressed enough is how efficiently it gets rid of the need for the Mackie Control, and it definitely takes no getting used to to not mouse for mixer faders. It's just so much better to mix without a mouse.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
waxman

Post by waxman »

What he said...
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
waxman

Post by waxman »

wonder wrote:Waxman,
I'd just hate to get the Raven and find it slows my workflow bc I'm so set in my ways of Shortcuts, quick trackball mouse, etc etc.

If you're near L.A. ... would you be open to showing someone (Me) how you're working with your Raven?
I doubt it would slow you down W... I found I just naturally started gravitating to touch instead of the mouse. After a while I was using the mouse much less. Making BC's instead of going to the menu line is essential. The best feature is the focus is centralized ie. faders, plugs, r/m/s/ins I doubt you will be getting one anytime soon. The earthquake in Thailand took out their factory. Check out the Slate site for more info...

Your welcome to come by during a session... I am in North San Diego. PM.
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
waxman

Post by waxman »

I thought I read how to do this somewhere but can't find it now. Maybe it was something to do with DP clippings but...

Is there a way bind the project to have the Raven auto open to the same open project in DP? At this point it's 4 steps.

1) open V-pro...
2) then open DP project.
3) Then open Raven.
4) Then load whatever Raven board configuration I saved for that particular project.

Be nice to bind the DP project and board layout...
waxman
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

waxman wrote:I thought I read how to do this somewhere but can't find it now. Maybe it was something to do with DP clippings but...

Is there a way bind the project to have the Raven auto open to the same open project in DP? At this point it's 4 steps.

1) open V-pro...
2) then open DP project.
3) Then open Raven.
4) Then load whatever Raven board configuration I saved for that particular project.

Be nice to bind the DP project and board layout...

DPs Clippings feature has something called Startup Clippings, what I've been doing is saving a Raven 'ravelay' into the DP Project it's associated with, create a project specific startup clipping, then you drag that ravelay into that startup clipping! Next time you open that DPproject the Raven software opens to that saved ravelay. After this the only thing is to save changes to the ravelay of you need to, other than that it opens automatically with that specific project!

If I've confused you, look up startup clippings in the manual. it's one of the DP features that keeps me around despite a few places where DP is still behind the times.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
mattdodge

Post by mattdodge »

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that the latest RAVEN 3.1 update has been released with a lot of great DP updates in particular. Some big ones are:

- Digital Performer panning knobs fully functional.
- Digital Performer clipping metering fixed.
- Digital Performer 9.2 update fixes INS button to always open in front.
- ...and more.

Have a great week!

md
--
Matt Dodge
Software Director,
Slate Media Technology // Slate Digital LLC
slatemt.com // slatedigital.com
waxman

Post by waxman »

mattdodge wrote:Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that the latest RAVEN 3.1 update has been released with a lot of great DP updates in particular. Some big ones are:

- Digital Performer panning knobs fully functional.
- Digital Performer clipping metering fixed.
- Digital Performer 9.2 update fixes INS button to always open in front.
- ...and more.

Have a great week!

md
--
Matt Dodge
Software Director,
Slate Media Technology // Slate Digital LLC
slatemt.com // slatedigital.com
I've been digging it Matt. The INS is SOOOOO much better. Makes getting to the plugs a snap. Thanks to you and your team for all the hard work. You guys should be proud. :headbang:
waxman
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I'm getting one for a demo in a couple of days. Can't wait!!!
Music is movement in silence
My day jon - http://www.audioplanet.pl
My other passion - http://www.aps-company.pl
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

I have just sent the demo back... and bought one :-). Mine will arrive tomorrow. The immediacy of the interface plus the amazing BatchCommander (which I will heavily program myself as most of the commands provided do not fit my needs) have won me over.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

My brand new Raven is here :-)Image
waxman

Post by waxman »

supersonic wrote:My brand new Raven is here :-)

How's it going with the new Raven?
waxman
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

Need some help. Just talked this week to my Slate vendor about getting a Raven for my main rig. 75%+ of the time I am at my orchestrating station, which is for writing. The other 25% of time I am at mix station, which is where I would want the Raven. But I understand, the Raven has to be the main monitor, which means I won't see menubars at my writing station, correct? Any suggestions? It has me puzzled.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
waxman

Post by waxman »

From Jamey Z on GS... "Displays have separate spaces" in System Preferences /Mission Control activate then all of your screens will get the Menu Bar
waxman
labman

Post by labman »

waxman wrote:From Jamey Z on GS... "Displays have separate spaces" in System Preferences /Mission Control activate then all of your screens will get the Menu Bar
Nice! Thanks Wax!!!
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
labman

Post by labman »

So whats the best way to get from MacPro in machine room out 35 feet to Raven? (Please forgive if someone somewhere already answered this.)