The Raven MTi2 Thread

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
Gravity Jim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: The Raven MTi2 Thread

Post by Gravity Jim »

Yep: you spec your DAW when registering and downloading the Raven v.3 software. You can purchase additional DAW profiles (for, like, 99 bucks) if you like.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Many thanks for this newbie question because the french importer is not very clear at the phone .
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
SixStringGeek

Post by SixStringGeek »

The precious arrived today! Time for unboxings and readings and pluggings and playings.
DP 8.newest on MacPro 5,1 Dual Hex 3.33GHz 64G Ram, 3TB SSDs.
Thousands of $'s worth of vintage gear currently valued in the dozens of dollars.
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

SixStringGeek wrote:The precious arrived today! Time for unboxings and readings and pluggings and playings.
Woo Hoo! :smash:
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

SixStringGeek wrote:The precious arrived today! Time for unboxings and readings and pluggings and playings.
Good to know, I'm a freaking month off... early February, which I assume means late Feb, but it's supposedly a huge shipment...
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Alright now! Let us know how it's working for you.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
Gerk

Post by Gerk »

I got my MTi2 today ... have it all unboxed and hooked up but the registration process went a little wonky on me it seems. My account doesn't work, I never got the email with the iLok codes either. Even an email with a password reset didn't work. I'm wondering if their mail servers or something aren't clogged up. Kinda sucks, have this great piece of hardware sitting here and carved out some time get acquainted with it over the weekend ... but no codes == no joy.

Also curiously there was no cleaning cloth or rejuvenator that came with it. I'll have to read up and watch the videos again, not sure if the MTi2 needs it or maybe it was just an MTi 1 thing ...
15" Macbook Pro Retina quad 2.5Ghz 16G/512G SSD (2015 model),
Raven MTi2, 4k Vizio TV, Pegasus TB2 RAID5 (6TB),
UAD TB Apollo Twin Duo, UAD TB Satellite Octo, Tascam DM-3200/IFFW-DMII
DP 9.0.2 (Pro Tools 12.4, Logic Pro X 10.2.2), OS X 10.10.5
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

On the registration thing, see if you can get a pre-Monday response at the Slate MT Forums. As for the Rejuvenator, mine came without it, too. They sent me a bottle with two cleaning cloths right away, so don't hesitate to ask.
Last edited by Gravity Jim on Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Bordner

Gerk

Post by Gerk »

Thanks Jim. I posted on their forums too. Good to know about the liquid. I will tell them that too once I can login.
waxman

Post by waxman »

My Mackie finally sold. The extenders went right away but I was wondering because for 3 weeks I got zero action on eBay. It sold for $635. I will never miss those things again.

I use the floating Mixer in the Raven all the time. Having the Raven right in front of me makes me wonder how I did without it. It is an ergonomic game changer. When I'm using the mouse on one of the other monitors it feels distant and disconnected. To leave a monitor I let go of the mouse and touch the screen. Like the home button.
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
SixStringGeek

Post by SixStringGeek »

waxman wrote:My Mackie finally sold. The extenders went right away but I was wondering because for 3 weeks I got zero action on eBay. It sold for $635. I will never miss those things again.
Mine + 3 extenders went all in one sale right away - even had a lil bidding war which left me a few bucks ahead in the end. I'm still trying to figure out a nice monitor arrangement but putting my DP4 box under the 30" monitor and tilting the Raven back as far as it will go below it has me almost there.

I got it wired and ran the installer Friday but haven't had time to do more than that. Maybe tomorrow.
Thousands of $'s worth of vintage gear currently valued in the dozens of dollars.
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

waxman wrote:My Mackie finally sold. The extenders went right away but I was wondering because for 3 weeks I got zero action on eBay. It sold for $635.
No way in hell I'll get that much, it's the original, the Logic Control. If you guys don't recall, Emagic and Mackie worked out the details on the Mackie Control, but Emagic pulled an IBM and didn't get exclusive rights to the controller, so Mackie immediately released it as Mackie control after a few months. It won't work with Pro Tools without a $100 chip from Mackie installed. I'm shooting for $250 I think.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Not to tell any tales out of school, but I have it on good authority that the next maintenance update should be out next week sometime. This will fix the inconsistencies in the Raven Mixer.
Jim Bordner

SixStringGeek

Post by SixStringGeek »

I got farther through the setup video and got to play with it a bit on an existing project. Still trying to work out the best window arrangement. Previously I used the integrated window with mixer on bottom and sequences on top.

And I upgraded to DP9 because - why not? The instructions said "most recent version of your DAW". Still plunking around. Nothing really real going on yet.
Gerk

Post by Gerk »

Gravity Jim wrote:Not to tell any tales out of school, but I have it on good authority that the next maintenance update should be out next week sometime. This will fix the inconsistencies in the Raven Mixer.
Good to know. I'm loving my MTi2 so far, but have noticed a few mixer glitches and it will be good to have at least some of them sorted out. I'm all setup and registered and have spent a good amount of time playing with it so far and wow, this changes everything! My revitalizer juice and cloth are on the way and just for fun I have the MTi2 setup with DP9, Logic Pro X and PT 12 and have been bouncing around between the three of them so far. I've been toying with the idea of moving away from DP as my main DAW but we'll see how that works out. DP9 has been pretty hit and miss for me. The latest are all kinds of issues with processing -- my processing meter shows a TON of activity most of the time even when nothing is going on ... thought it was just a visual glitch but apparently not as I've choked things quite a few times in the last several days working on mixes of a few projects. :( Haven't had time to chase it down as of yet.

Ignore the messy desk, I'm still playing with how best to set this up and get it into the workflow ...