The Raven MTi2 Thread

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
waxman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MIDI notes starting DAW

Post by waxman »

My NI controller is starting and stoping DP... I shut of Raven and even deleted controller in set up... so it's something else. What?

Also GJ... I added a third monitor to the left. I was getting a kink in my neck looking back at the Raven to see Maschine and Komplete Kontrol... It's a beautiful thing

SOLVED... found it in commands MIDI event. It was fooling me because the Raven Transport was lighting up... duh...
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
Gravity Jim

Re: MIDI notes starting DAW

Post by Gravity Jim »

waxman wrote: SOLVED... found it in commands MIDI event. It was fooling me because the Raven Transport was lighting up... duh...
Yep. The new version of Raven for DP should NOT load those MIDI commands anymore. We should see a new version in mid-January that kills all our mixer bugs in one shot. We hope. :)
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
SixStringGeek

Re: The Raven MTi2 Thread

Post by SixStringGeek »

OK, I gotta ask - I ordered one from Sweetwater back in early November. I don't have it. I keep getting told they're on back order. Yes, I just called yesterday to ask again - they tell me they have shipped none of them - they claim Slate is way behind on the release.

Where did you get yours from? When did you order it? How long did it take to arrive?

Me way jelly you gottem.
DP 8.newest on MacPro 5,1 Dual Hex 3.33GHz 64G Ram, 3TB SSDs.
Thousands of $'s worth of vintage gear currently valued in the dozens of dollars.
Bennie Sims

Post by Bennie Sims »

SixStringGeek wrote:OK, I gotta ask - I ordered one from Sweetwater back in early November. I don't have it. I keep getting told they're on back order. Yes, I just called yesterday to ask again - they tell me they have shipped none of them - they claim Slate is way behind on the release.

Where did you get yours from? When did you order it? How long did it take to arrive?

Me way jelly you gottem.
I ordered mine around the last week in October and received it in December I believe the first week. Also from Sweetwater.
Mac Pro Six Core Trashcan OX.10.13.3,Macbook Pro 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5 OSX 10.11,DP 8.07 and 9.52,Protools 2018.4 and 10.3.9,Logic 10.4.1.,Reason 8,Waves V9.7. Diamond Bundle, Mach Five 3.2.1, Vir 2, Kontakt 5.3, Melodyne Studio 3.2.2.2, Melodyne Single Track, Motu 2804 MK3, Apollo 8 Quad,Apollo 8 Duo,UAD 2 FireWire Quad Satellite, UAD Thunderbolt Quad Satellite, Rosetta 800, Avalon Vt 747sp, Focusrite 4x Red One, UAD 4-710d, Raven MTi 2 3.3.1, Motu MIDI Express XT.
SixStringGeek

Post by SixStringGeek »

Bennie Sims wrote: I ordered mine around the last week in October and received it in December I believe the first week. Also from Sweetwater.
That's annoying. I just checked my order email - Confirmed Oct 18. No I don't have it. All I get is "none have come in - Slate isn't supplying very many".

Frustrating. :banghead:
Thousands of $'s worth of vintage gear currently valued in the dozens of dollars.
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

There was an allocation to each dealer of the initial run. I got mine from Westlake Pro in LA... They are very close to Slate's warehouse, so they got their's the day they shipped, turned mine around the same day, and I had mine running before Sweetwater had theirs in stock. So the entire first run was delivered and all the dealers are waiting for more.

If Sweetwater's rep said they haven't had any, he's stretching the truth a bit.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
SixStringGeek

Post by SixStringGeek »

Of course, right after I post...I get a notification that mine just shipped. So now I just have to wait for it to ride the truck to San Diego.
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Good: it will notice and impressions and more. Even if we know that it's work fine . 8)
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

SixStringGeek wrote:Of course, right after I post...I get a notification that mine just shipped. So now I just have to wait for it to ride the truck to San Diego.
Good to know, I ordered mine beginning of December, so I probably have until the end of January before I get mine shipping. :arrow:
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
waxman

Post by waxman »

I have never used Slate products when I heard about the MTi2 and Dave Polich convinced me Slate was a good company. So I ordered mine from Sweetwater the day they announced. At $1000 bucks I figured I could sell it if it was a dog... It took a month until they released and it took about two weeks longer then Westlake (Gravity Jim) to get mine. Sweetwater gave me a courtesy call every couple days so that is normal operating procedure for Sweetwater.

There was an issue with mine the day it arrived. Slate sent me a replacement and I had the replacement in 2 days. It's been the best piece of gear I have bought in years. "Game Changer." Then I found it true Slate customer service is killer...

The demand for the MTi2 is through the roof... I'm getting zero action on selling my Mackie MCU Pro on ebay so the word must be out...

Expect a fleet of clones by next year but it seems Slate has the "first and best" philosophy so that is the eco-system I am going with. We invest so much time and energy in learning a piece of gear and making it a creative tool that I think it is a good idea to choose great platforms and commit.

Ok done rambling... suffice to say where ever you get the MTi2 it's worth the wait. If you ordered and you are in the cue don't bail...
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
waxman

Post by waxman »

Gravity Jim wrote:Yep. The new version of Raven for DP should NOT load those MIDI commands anymore. We should see a new version in mid-January that kills all our mixer bugs in one shot. We hope. :)
Jim is the dp mole at Slate... :)
waxman
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

waxman wrote:suffice to say where ever you get the MTi2 it's worth the wait. If you ordered and you are in the cue don't bail...
Definitely not bailing! Yeah I'm sure in three years there will be touch screen 4K iMacs, OSX will fully integrate with iOS and al this will seem passé, but that's a speculative three years from now. I don't even own a an iPad, the lack of integration with OSX is a put off. Right now I'm as excited about the soft synth interface part of this as I am about replacing the Mackie.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

waxman wrote: Jim is the dp mole at Slate... :)
I'm just the biggest pest at Slate. :mrgreen:
Jim Bordner

corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

A small question: when buying, should we pay attention to the package type for compatible DAW.
Because when you look at the note on the publisher's site, it seems that we must specify its DAW when buying.

I feel you have to pay again following the DAW used.
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
Gerk

Post by Gerk »

Pretty sure you only have to select your DAW when you are registering your hardware after you receive it (not at purchase time), but I'm sure that someone who has already gone through the process can confirm.
15" Macbook Pro Retina quad 2.5Ghz 16G/512G SSD (2015 model),
Raven MTi2, 4k Vizio TV, Pegasus TB2 RAID5 (6TB),
UAD TB Apollo Twin Duo, UAD TB Satellite Octo, Tascam DM-3200/IFFW-DMII
DP 9.0.2 (Pro Tools 12.4, Logic Pro X 10.2.2), OS X 10.10.5