Roland D 70....what is this part called?

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Roland D 70....what is this part called?

Post by mikehalloran »

Phil O wrote:Pinch rollers are getting harder and harder to find. New is really tough. You might find something used from a place like this:
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/vintagetx/

There are also chemicals available for "rejuvenating" rollers. I can't recommend, never having used the stuff myself.

Unfortunately, tape machine parts are going the way of typewriter parts. :(

Phil
Yea, I have some of the rubber solvent. Having worked in automotive, I know where to buy it by the pint. I also have some of the Tascam fluid but I think that stuff is a health hazard even when you look at it through the bottle.

Problem is that, when the rollers get too old, the rubber gets too hard and that stuff no longer works.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
wonder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Roland D 70....what is this part called?

Post by wonder »

Phil O wrote:Pinch rollers are getting harder and harder to find. New is really tough. You might find something used from a place like this:
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/vintagetx/

There are also chemicals available for "rejuvenating" rollers. I can't recommend, never having used the stuff myself.

Unfortunately, tape machine parts are going the way of typewriter parts. :(

Phil

Phil, thank you.

I might try some cable glue. But it's getting to be too much work than what it's worth.
Dual Quad-Core 2.8 GHz Mac Pro 3,1 • Yosemite • 24 GB RAM • MOTU 2408mk3 (x's 2) • DP 10.xx • Finale 25 • Logic • PT 12 • +outboard gear