Decent Gounod Ave Maria karaoke accompaniment version?

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
FMiguelez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Decent Gounod Ave Maria karaoke accompaniment version?

Post by FMiguelez »

Hello.

I've looked all over the internet... YouTube, miscellaneous sites, even Karaoke Version, but I still can't find a half decent sounding karaoke production for Gounod's Ave Maria.

So far they all sound like MIDI romplers from the 80s, including the one in Karaoke Version's site. It's a joke!

I've found plenty and better productions for Schubert's, but apparently Gounod's is not as popular...

Any one knows of other good karaoke places where I might find this? Or will I have to produce it myself? :roll: No, thank you...
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
cuttime

Re: Decent Gounod Ave Maria karaoke accompaniment version?

Post by cuttime »

Playing a transposed version of the Bach WTC Prelude #1 should be sufficient, and within the ability of even the most challenged keyboard player such as myself!
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

The thing is that the singer heard an orchestral version, and she wants something like that. She expressly said she didn´t want those "pingy arpeggios" :)

And the track she heard is superbly orchestrated, of course.
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I take PayPal...
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
MIDI Life Crisis

It's a seriously easy piece to play, in pretty much any key. I used to accompany my mom in cathedrals in my late-teens. She'd usually want to sing it in G but, sometimes wanted me to transpose to F or Eb. I never knew ahead of time what key it would be in. Of course, the original is in C.

The "key" to the piece is to sustain the bottom two notes (most of the time), DON'T connect the top three (because it starts getting muddy) and (not as imperative) DON'T allow the last note in the upper voice to sustain past the end of the measure unless indicated. That last direction is probably the plinky-plinky crap the singer doesn't like. OK, then let's be bad. Let's be very bad. Play it using the pedal for much of the measure. Get it good and muddy. Saturate it with stings and plenty of juicy, wet reverb. She'll love it.

Put someone else's name on the arrangement... LOL
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I take PayPal...
:lol:
What I think you will NOT take is the bad payment that would be expected for something like this.

I was roaming around the Karaoke Version site, and you can pretty much get very good arrangements, top-notch productions (for karaoke level) with live musicians, for less than a MacDonald's Happy Meal.

Your kind of gig, Mike! :lol:

I think this area of production is ridiculously competitive, to the point where it's just not competitive or worth it anymore... not with those prices.
5 bucks for a fully featured and arranged track that would take hours to produce? No thank you!
I know places like this rely on volume, but still. Not very inviting!

Instead, I prefer to stay here, and simply record and produce the singers.
I've found it to be a great extra source of income and a nice way to fill up otherwise dead productivity gaps in the studio in between big projects.
Some singers (mostly from local singing and musical comedy schools) are really good and it's quite enjoyable, most times, to produce them and watch their happy faces when they listen to themselves. Some even cry of joy and emotion!
Some others not so much... Sometimes it's tedious and boring, especially the ones who have no talent at all.

If enough people show interest to record that piece with me, I might end up just cranking a quick nice arrangement myself and charge each one a premium for it.

Or you do it, Mike... for a few bucks. Full string orchestra. Maybe throw in a copule of horns and a harp as well. If you include a few woodwinds, it would be 2 extra bucks per kind. And it's needed for tomorrow morning...
Last edited by FMiguelez on Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MIDI Life Crisis

FMiguelez wrote:...for less than a MacDonald's Happy Meal.

Your kind of gig, Mike! :lol:
I could afford to do it for a Happy Meal, but I can't. It's not on my diet.

Last edited by MIDI Life Crisis on Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:[
Believe it or not, I'm a militant vegan now. No oils, nuts, avocados, coconut, no dairy unless it's non-fat. No meats whatsoever but I do still eat fish every so often (I'm not crazy... well, maybe I am). Not even coffee or caffeinated tea! WHAT?! :shock: It's a program to reverse heart disease in 5 years. Proven. Amazing! I'm down about 31 pounds and falling. Gym every day. Now that's funny right there.
That's awesome!
I'm well on my way to become a full-time "pescatarian" (or whatever you call people whose only ingested meat is fish) myself, so I definitely believe you.
I, OTOH, MUST eat lots of nuts and avocados (with those awesome fats). All kinds of veggies and fruits. Rice and pasta are always made out of whole grains.
The only milk I drink is for my morning banana-almond-pecan nut-raw oats and cantaloupe shake (that I drink straight out of the blender, to my wife's dismay) :)

This change has been possible for me thanks to my daily (and newly implemented) gym program (4 1/2 months so far).
I can state with confidence that doing that is saving my life, not only because now I'm on my way to becoming quite healthy, but going to the gym has been the ONLY thing that has worked for me to control my stupid crippling clinical depression. Exercising has been the only "drug" that has worked for my brain.

So far I only eat mammal muscle on Saturdays and Sundays, an only in moderation (the occasional chorizo for a quesadilla or huarache, etc.). But my goal is to, within this year, never ever eat mammals or their products again (not even milk or eggs).
Fish will have to excuse me for now... until I am sure I can survive without their protein). I just think it's sad life evolved in this planet by forcing all animals to survive by killing and eating each other (nice "design"!). Too bad we didn't evolve like plants and obtain our energy by other means that don't involve causing unnecessary suffering and death to others...

Anyway. I am doing this mostly out of respect for our fellow species inhabitants of this planet who share this little wet rock with us. I simply couldn't keep eating meat after I saw the way farm animals are treated. It's a disgrace! An embarrassment to our kind! I thought eating cheese and drinking milk was Ok, but it's really not (because of what they do to the animals to get it).

I really want to reduce my carbon footprint and any negative impact I may have in the ecosystem as much as possible. Nice to see that makes at least two of us! :)

Good luck with your new health, and responsible regime 8)
Last edited by FMiguelez on Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MIDI Life Crisis

:)
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Good for you, Michael.

Arterial inflammation is among those conditions that can be reversed/prevented by diet. I didn't know this, unfortunately. This was the exact cause of my condition. Don't let it happen to you.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
MIDI Life Crisis

mikehalloran wrote:
Good for you, Michael.

Arterial inflammation is among those conditions that can be reversed/prevented by diet. I didn't know this, unfortunately. This was the exact cause of my condition. Don't let it happen to you.
It can still reverse any blockages that currently or might exist. Many people who "don't need it" are on the program prophylactically. It makes a lot of sense. It's damn hard at first (especially coffee) but once you get into the swing of things, it's a really good lifestyle.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS