Delay Plugins

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
billf
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Delay Plugins

Post by billf »

HCMarkus wrote:
mhschmieder wrote:were it not for NI's free Replika from December 2014, this one would have cut it for the album. I'm just finding Replika to be just about the most perfect delay I've ever used, for almost every delay category (except simple doubling).
Funny, I was just thinking last night (as I was struggling thru a series of NI updates) that Replika looks like it has the right stuff, including a "dirt" control and filtering, built-in. I had forgotten about it, but will give it a go soon. The price was certainly right!
I used Replika on a track yesterday. Nothing else was working, but for some reason Replika just sat in the mix perfectly.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Delay Plugins

Post by mikehalloran »

billf wrote:
HCMarkus wrote:
mhschmieder wrote:were it not for NI's free Replika from December 2014, this one would have cut it for the album. I'm just finding Replika to be just about the most perfect delay I've ever used, for almost every delay category (except simple doubling).
Funny, I was just thinking last night (as I was struggling thru a series of NI updates) that Replika looks like it has the right stuff, including a "dirt" control and filtering, built-in. I had forgotten about it, but will give it a go soon. The price was certainly right!
I used Replika on a track yesterday. Nothing else was working, but for some reason Replika just sat in the mix perfectly.
I was reading this thread thinking, "Damn, sounds pretty cool, too bad I missed it." Just for kicks, I searched for Reaktor on my system. It turns out that I had downloaded, installed and authorized it last December. I fired it up, worked great on the track I had open. I'm not sure it will be my first choice but I do like it.

I was poking around and found the current Kontact freebie bundle for Mac. It certainly looks nicer than the last time so I downloaded and installed. When I went to the NI Service Center to activate my bundle, It told me that there were updates. Among the updates was Replika 1.2.1 – I don't know that I would have found it otherwise.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro