Delay Plugins

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Delay Plugins

Post by James Steele »

mhschmieder wrote:Yep, that's the price I saw, but I considered it inappropriate to publish it here. I'm going to guess it's the same for all customers vs. based on a pro-rating scheme.
Yep. Same for me. Heck... I think it's worth to shave $31 off the price and go through AudioDeluxe. Maybe I'm an oddball, but $31 isn't an insignificant amount of money. Heck... I can easily have lunch and a margarita at my favorite Mexican restaurant for that. Olé! :dance:
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

James Steele wrote:
mhschmieder wrote:Yep, that's the price I saw, but I considered it inappropriate to publish it here. I'm going to guess it's the same for all customers vs. based on a pro-rating scheme.
Yep. Same for me. Heck... I think it's worth to shave $31 off the price and go through AudioDeluxe. Maybe I'm an oddball, but $31 isn't an insignificant amount of money. Heck... I can easily have lunch and a margarita at my favorite Mexican restaurant for that. Olé! :dance:
I wish I had of seen it before I just won't go to the bar tonight.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

wylie1 wrote:I wish I had of seen it before I just won't go to the bar tonight.
I've personally been amazed at just how much money I can save that way. And it's a good thing. I'm just closing out my annual excruciating ordeal involving a floor full of receipts and TurboTax. I wish Uncle Sam would at least kiss me first. :shake:

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

Did mine last week just stop crying a couple of days ago.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
billf

Post by billf »

FYI, AudioDeluxe also has the Slate VMR discounted.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

After writing my check to the government today I realize I need to start working on next years' write offs.

Still waiting for some reviews of the H3000 to push me over the edge.
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

billf wrote:FYI, AudioDeluxe also has the Slate VMR discounted.
Interesting. I installed it last night along with the free Revival module.

http://www.slatedigital.com/products/revival

Unfortunately, I have to recover from my tax bill before I buy more fun stuff. :(

guitardood

Post by guitardood »

Just picked up the H3000 yesterday. Unfortunately, before I stopped by here so I'm out my lunch money. But with all the nifty effects, presets and customizability on this beast, who has time for lunch anyway, LOL! I know I haven't barely scratched the surface of its capabilities and uses, but it has already found a home in quite a few effects slots on at least 3 projects that were missing that little extra something. Some studios were lucky to have one and now I've got a studio full as long as my CPU holds out.

I give this new plug a full two thumbs up.

Chuck Fletcher on Reverb Nation
Chuck Fletcher on Facebook

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You know, eventually you're going to get the one filled with alien-like nasty tasting goo and have to spit it out and say YUCK".
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

I bought Excalibur from Exponential Audio earlier today,it's a real interesting multi-effects plug.

The introductory pricing ends later today Friday 4/10.

http://www.exponentialaudio.com/meet-ex ... cts-plugin
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

kgdrum wrote:I bought Excalibur from Exponential Audio earlier today,it's a real interesting multi-effects plug.

The introductory pricing ends later today Friday 4/10.

http://www.exponentialaudio.com/meet-ex ... cts-plugin
Holy cow. Thanks for the heads up!!!

Just working my way through the vocal presets on an fx bus I'm already thrilled. If this is the last day of the introductory pricing, all I can say is run don't walk. Beyond comprehensive.

Must admit that I was underwhelmed by the audio examples on the website, but the 10 minute tour led me to believe that there were some serious audio possibilities here. The audio quality is truly superb and can't say enough about the inspirational factor as well as general usefulness.

Home run.
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
billf

Post by billf »

James Steele wrote:
billf wrote:FYI, AudioDeluxe also has the Slate VMR discounted.
Interesting. I installed it last night along with the free Revival module.

http://www.slatedigital.com/products/revival

Unfortunately, I have to recover from my tax bill before I buy more fun stuff. :(
I'm in the same boat, but I sprang for the VMR anyway. I think this is one I won't regret, Slate's stuff is incredible.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
stevenew

Post by stevenew »

In the end I went for the H3000, 10mins with the demo convinced me:-) The extra discount from AudioDeluxe made up for the not so good exchange rate with the dollar & UK pound.
Hopefully it will stop me thinking about delays for a while!
2018 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 16GB. External SSD Sample Drives. macOS Monterey 12.2. MOTU 624 & 8D. Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, DP 9.52, DSP Quattro 5. Arturia, Gforce, iZotope, NI, Plugin Alliance, Slate, SSD5, Soniccouture, Spectrasonics, Spitfire. Novation 61 SLMKII, JBL LSR 305, Sennheiser HD600, AKG 240MKII. PRS, Martin Guitars, Mensinger Bass. Vox & Orange amps. Line 6 Helix.
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

The H3000 is worth the current discount as it is a unique plug-in.

I ended up not finding any use for it in my metal album project, but I also have VERY specific sounds in mind and don't want anything remotely gimmicky or cliche.

I see this as more of a creative tool, and not necessarily for guitar (primarily) -- although it also reminds me a bit of the little-known Lexicon Vortex (maybe the same people behind it, as I think Eventide may have had some cross-pollination with Lexicon?).

I will have to say though, that were it not for NI's free Replika from December 2014, this one would have cut it for the album. I'm just finding Replika to be just about the most perfect delay I've ever used, for almost every delay category (except simple doubling).

I was specifically trying to see if I could get an even better slap-back from H3000 than Replika, but in the end it turned out I just needed to continue to fine-tune the processing chain (the guitars were recorded by someone else before I got pulled in to save the project).

I haven't had time to try the H3000 on synths yet, but have a feeling that's where they'll really shine (as well as on weird vocal effects). Yet this plug-in is way more transparent than the PSP delays (which I find highly coloured and essentially unusable on guitars, but fairly good on some synths and fun to toy with even if they never make the cut other than for the Lexicon one). Also, I didn't have time to customize any personal presets.

This is a deep plug-in and could take a lifetime to explore. I'm only referring to the presets in my initial review, but they do cover a wide range at least. Not sure I'd spend $300 on it though.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
stevenew

Post by stevenew »

mhschmieder wrote:The H3000 is worth the current discount as it is a unique plug-in.

I see this as more of a creative tool, and not necessarily for guitar (primarily) -- although it also reminds me a bit of the little-known Lexicon Vortex (maybe the same people behind it, as I think Eventide may have had some cross-pollination with Lexicon?).

This is a deep plug-in and could take a lifetime to explore. I'm only referring to the presets in my initial review, but they do cover a wide range at least. Not sure I'd spend $300 on it though.
I remember the Vortex well, along with the original Lexicon Jamman, they were two rack units I desperately wanted once they stopped making them:-)

It was the complexity/depth (& original price) of the H3000 that initially put me off trying the demo, ironically I have not tried it on guitar yet, just messing around with the presets on vocals convinced me to buy it while on offer.

Steve
2018 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 16GB. External SSD Sample Drives. macOS Monterey 12.2. MOTU 624 & 8D. Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, DP 9.52, DSP Quattro 5. Arturia, Gforce, iZotope, NI, Plugin Alliance, Slate, SSD5, Soniccouture, Spectrasonics, Spitfire. Novation 61 SLMKII, JBL LSR 305, Sennheiser HD600, AKG 240MKII. PRS, Martin Guitars, Mensinger Bass. Vox & Orange amps. Line 6 Helix.
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

mhschmieder wrote:were it not for NI's free Replika from December 2014, this one would have cut it for the album. I'm just finding Replika to be just about the most perfect delay I've ever used, for almost every delay category (except simple doubling).
Funny, I was just thinking last night (as I was struggling thru a series of NI updates) that Replika looks like it has the right stuff, including a "dirt" control and filtering, built-in. I had forgotten about it, but will give it a go soon. The price was certainly right!