NI Guitar Rig hardware and software working OK w/ Yosemite?

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
greg328
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

NI Guitar Rig hardware and software working OK w/ Yosemite?

Post by greg328 »

Native Instruments is warning about a NI hardware incompatibility with the new Yosemite OS 10.10.1 They claim it's a conflict with the AVID driver. I don't have ProTools on my machine, so can anybody confirm or deny that DP users in Yosemite are able to use Guitar Rig 5 and the hardware Guitar Rig interface? I think removing the AVID AU driver from the HAL folder is apparently a fix, re; another forum. (djtechtools)

I'm about to take the plunge and update my 2009 MacPro from 10.8.5 to 10.10.1 but this NI incompatibility is the only one I can find that may affect me..
Thanks,
Greg
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 GIG RAM, Apollo Quad, OS 13.4.1 Ventura
DP 11.22, Yamaha Motif XS8, Novation MoroderNova, UAD Apollo and FX plugs, Lots of PLAY/OPUS libraries, Ivory 2, lots of Arturia titles, all 4 Spectrasonics titles, NI Komplete 13, BFD2-3, Addictive Drums 2, MachFive 3, Pianoteq 6, lots of UVI Workstation titles, All 5 MusicLab guitars-RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLesPaulCustom, RealRickenbacker and RealEight.
Gravity Jim

Re: NI Guitar Rig hardware and software working OK w/ Yosemi

Post by Gravity Jim »

Can't speak to the hardware, but Guitar Rig runs fine (I just launched it a couple days ago and I'm running the latest everything).
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
greg328

Re: NI Guitar Rig hardware and software working OK w/ Yosemi

Post by greg328 »

Thanks Jim, I appreciate the info. If anybody out there is using guitar rig hardware with OS 10.10 + DP 8 please report any inconsistencies or not, here.
Thnx,
Greg
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 GIG RAM, Apollo Quad, OS 13.4.1 Ventura
DP 11.22, Yamaha Motif XS8, Novation MoroderNova, UAD Apollo and FX plugs, Lots of PLAY/OPUS libraries, Ivory 2, lots of Arturia titles, all 4 Spectrasonics titles, NI Komplete 13, BFD2-3, Addictive Drums 2, MachFive 3, Pianoteq 6, lots of UVI Workstation titles, All 5 MusicLab guitars-RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLesPaulCustom, RealRickenbacker and RealEight.