Native Instruments upgrade sale until June 30

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
kshrieve
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Native Instruments upgrade sale until June 30

Post by kshrieve »

I was waiting for the return of this Native Instruments 50% off upgrade sale and was glad to see the ad on facebook. In case anybody here is also interested and somehow has not heard about it, I thought it was worth a mention.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/sp ... ound-2014/
MacBook Pro 2.7GHz i7 - 8G RAM - OSX 10.11.6 - DP 9.12 - MachFive 3.2.1 - EZdrummer 2 - Samson
Graphite 49 - Godin Freeway SA - Roland GR-20 synth pedal - NI Guitar Rig 5 and Kontrol pedal
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Native Instruments upgrade sale until June 30

Post by James Steele »

Definitely worth a mention. I could do it for $75 and probably should, but I'd need a bigger hard drive and I have been making do just fine with what I have. Still glad I have B4 working with 32 Lives though. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
kshrieve

Post by kshrieve »

Choices, choices! :?
MacBook Pro 2.7GHz i7 - 8G RAM - OSX 10.11.6 - DP 9.12 - MachFive 3.2.1 - EZdrummer 2 - Samson
Graphite 49 - Godin Freeway SA - Roland GR-20 synth pedal - NI Guitar Rig 5 and Kontrol pedal
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I might break down and get Kontakt 5 for $125 as an crossgrade. I don't like the interface at all and the sounds not so much, but there are so many useful 3rd party libraries that only run under Kontakt.

I'm reluctant because they require agreement with Terms and Conditions which are on a page that will not load. They also ship via UPS which, in Canada, had been know to lead to excessive and bogus charges. (No downloads!)
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

I wish the new version of Session Horns was on sale - I have the original, the new pro would be great, just a tad pricey at the moment.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
kshrieve

Post by kshrieve »

Regarding the UPS shipping... I ordered KOMPLETE on 6/17 at 8:20am, choosing the free shipping option, and a UPS guy rang my doorbell to deliver it on 6/18 at 10:30am.

Surely a fluke of lucky proximity to a storage depot (it departed from Sunnyvale CA, and I am in San Francisco), but a few people did their jobs very well to make that happen.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I have no doubt UPS will deliver promptly. The problem arises when the shipment crosses the Canada US border. At that point the Monty Python "idiot tax" skit starts.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

might break down and get Kontakt 5 for $125 as an crossgrade. I don't like the interface at all and the sounds not so much, but there are so many useful 3rd party libraries that only run under Kontakt.
I hear you there. I have been resisting it but there's a calliope VI that I'm looking at and it won't run on the free player. Fortunately, Finale GPO 2.0 qualifies for the crossgrade. I'm wondering just how badly I want that one library...
Regarding the UPS shipping... I ordered KOMPLETE on 6/17 at 8:20am, choosing the free shipping option, and a UPS guy rang my doorbell to deliver it on 6/18 at 10:30am.

Surely a fluke of lucky proximity to a storage depot (it departed from Sunnyvale CA, and I am in San Francisco), but a few people did their jobs very well to make that happen.
Well, nice to know that I'll get it quickly if I take the plunge. I live in Sunnyvale about seven miles from the ups depot on Hammerwood.

Hmmmm... anyone know of a decent calliope VI that works on a Mac as an AU or VST?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
jlaudon

Post by jlaudon »

BKK-OZ wrote:I wish the new version of Session Horns was on sale - I have the original, the new pro would be great, just a tad pricey at the moment.
Give it a bit of time, probably December :)
MacBook Pro 2021 (M1 Ultra) with 64 gigs RAM. DP 11.23
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

X-mas present!
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

NI's free shipping is indeed quick,I ordered the Maschine 2 upgrade on Friday and got it via UPS on Monday morning here in NYC!

:dance:
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
KarlSutton

Post by KarlSutton »

If you upgrade to Komplete Ultimate do they send you the hard drive?
MPB 17" 2.66 i7/8GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8, DP 7.24, 828 mkII, Ethno 1 via Ultimate Soundbank, MX4, MSI, Komplete 9, Ivory, Stylus RMX.

for a time:MacPro6,1 3Ghz 8 core 32GB RAM
KarlSutton

Post by KarlSutton »

They do send you the hard drive - so installation is much quicker than DVD.
MPB 17" 2.66 i7/8GB RAM, OSX 10.6.8, DP 7.24, 828 mkII, Ethno 1 via Ultimate Soundbank, MX4, MSI, Komplete 9, Ivory, Stylus RMX.

for a time:MacPro6,1 3Ghz 8 core 32GB RAM
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

KarlSutton wrote:If you upgrade to Komplete Ultimate do they send you the hard drive?
Yes! ;-)
The hd install is quick(about 2 hours) and much easier(start and let it finish) than swapping multiple disks,once I did a KU upgrade(went from K7 to K8U to K9U) I can't understand why more companies with large libraries don't utilize this method instead of massive downloads or multiple disc swapping routines.
In December I bought the CinePerc bundle,I would have been much happier if it was as quick and painless as installing KU. :smash:
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

I just ordered K9U. The upgrade price was too good to resist. I was on Komplete 7 for the duration but it felt strange trying to do add-ons for $100 a pop when things like Kontakt (and OSX) have gone through significant updates since Komplete 7 was released.

It was time to upgrade, but the 50% discount is so generous that it makes me think that Komplete 10 is on the horizon. Hmm.

In any case, getting from 7 Regular to 9 Ultimate feels like a huge step in the right direction if you're a Native Instruments user.
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52