Native Instruments upgrade sale until June 30

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
kgdrum
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Native Instruments upgrade sale until June 30

Post by kgdrum »

Frodo wrote:I just ordered K9U. The upgrade price was too good to resist. I was on Komplete 7 for the duration but it felt strange trying to do add-ons for $100 a pop when things like Kontakt (and OSX) have gone through significant updates since Komplete 7 was released.

It was time to upgrade, but the 50% discount is so generous that it makes me think that Komplete 10 is on the horizon. Hmm.

In any case, getting from 7 Regular to 9 Ultimate feels like a huge step in the right direction if you're a Native Instruments user.
I think K10 still might be a while,Mario aka Evil Dragon, who's a very reliable source(he writes Kontakt scripts for numerous developers)says there are no beta programs for Kontakt 6 or the next version of Reaktor yet.

Most users, Evil Dragon included expect Komplete 10 to have these major updates to justify the next version of Komplete ,my guess the Holidays or Jan.'15.
I'd be surprised as well as disappointed if NI released the next Komplete sooner without some major updates........time will tell.......... :wink:

*On a side note Mario was employed by the late great Stephen Howell(Hollow Sun) who passed away a couple of weeks ago,an amazing creative developer,nice guy and character who pushed the boundaries of these great libraries we love.
RIP.........
Last edited by kgdrum on Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

kgdrum wrote:there are no beta programs for Kontakt 6
That's encouraging. I just lost my resolve and ordered the crossgrade for Kontakt 5.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
SixStringGeek

Post by SixStringGeek »

Frodo wrote:I just ordered K9U. The upgrade price was too good to resist.
Ditto. Been looking for a deal like that. I wanted to at least get from K4 to 5 and this lets me upgrade a bunch of stuff and get a lot of goodies I've been wanting.
DP 8.newest on MacPro 5,1 Dual Hex 3.33GHz 64G Ram, 3TB SSDs.
Thousands of $'s worth of vintage gear currently valued in the dozens of dollars.
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

Yeah-- I think I paid some $450 for Kontakt 2.x "back in the day".

Komplete 9 Ultimate has arrived, hard drive and all. It's sitting in the floor :| until I can get everything backed up. LOL!
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Frodo wrote:Yeah-- I think I paid some $450 for Kontakt 2.x "back in the day".

Komplete 9 Ultimate has arrived, hard drive and all. It's sitting in the floor :| until I can get everything backed up. LOL!
Think of how much floor space the real instruments Komplete represents would take up... :shock:

Here's hoping your furry feet are staying cool this summer Frodo.
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

HCMarkus wrote:
Frodo wrote:Yeah-- I think I paid some $450 for Kontakt 2.x "back in the day".

Think of how much floor space the real instruments Komplete represents would take up... :shock:

Here's hoping your furry feet are staying cool this summer Frodo.
LOL- You too, Sir Markus. Great to hear from you, my friend.

Only this evening was I able to do the K9U install. It's been running for two hours and seems to be "stuck" at the end of the process. I'm just going to let it be ("whisper words of wisdom"?) and go watch a movie until it finishes.

In the meantime, it is indeed summertime!I hope you and all the 'Cornies and 'Nationers are enjoying the weather no matter what hemisphere in which they dwell.
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52