Need Keylab 61 help

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
Tele54321
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Need Keylab 61 help

Post by Tele54321 »

I am hoping that someone in MOTUNATION can help me out. I am new to the Mac OS, DP, and just bought an Arturia Keylab 61 controller. I have successfully installed the Analog Lab software, MIDI Control Center, and the latest firm ware for my Keylab controller, but there is an issue.

The keys that are assigned to trigger C3 - B3 are activating transport controls in DP and do not trigger any sound.

The transport controls above the keyboard do not activate the software.

As I transpose the keyboard, the issue moves to the new location on the keyboard corresponding to C3-B3.

I MIDI'd out of the Arturia into another keyboard and the Arturia controlled the other keyboard without issue.

I attempted to reset the default settings of the Arturia by rebooting it while holding down the octave up and down buttons, but the issue remains.

To me this indicates that the issue is not the Keylab controller.
It seems that the issue is a setting somewhere. Has anyone else had this happen, or know how to fix this?

I am running OSX 10.8.5 on an iMac 27 3.4 intel Core i7, with 8 gig RAM, with DP 8.05

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.
iMac 27, OSX 10.8.2, 3.4 Ghz Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, Lexicon Omega, NI B4II, Alicia's Keys, EZdrummer, and a little imagination.
mhschmieder

Re: Need Keylab 61 help

Post by mhschmieder »

I think I have the older version f the keyboard, but don't have that problem, yet have some vague recollection that there was a bit of bootstrapping on first use.

One thing you could do is download the free MIDI Monitor tool (sorry, I'm at work so don't have the reference at hand), and verify that the keyboard is pumping out what you think it is. Always good as a sanity check.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
Tele54321

Post by Tele54321 »

Thank you both for the responses. I will download the MIDI Monitor and see what I can figure out. I am moving from the guitar world into this very different world of global, local, modulation, parameters etc. Thank you for helping me navigate the learning curve.
iMac 27, OSX 10.8.2, 3.4 Ghz Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, Lexicon Omega, NI B4II, Alicia's Keys, EZdrummer, and a little imagination.