Microbook II / Windows 7 / CueMix FX / Inputs lines 1 & 2 ?

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
frog62
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Microbook II / Windows 7 / CueMix FX / Inputs lines 1 & 2 ?

Post by frog62 »

Hello to all

I'm planning to buy the Microbook II to record my Kurzweil workstation in stereo with 2 TRS cables, so using the line-in 3-4
I will add a microphone sometimes too
I'm confused with this software's menus, because we can see "inputs line1 a line2", and there's no pictures about these line-in 3-4 on this sofware's description in the Motu site ...
So I'm just wondering if I can manage these line-in with this software ?
Has anyone succeded to use this software with these inputs ?
Thank you very much
frog62
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Microbook II / Windows 7 / CueMix FX / Inputs lines 1 &

Post by frog62 »

So I've bought the Microbook II, and have installed the Motu driver for Windows, the card is well seen.
First of all .. the TRS cables are in the card, the "line in" leds light up when I play, I've pushed down to obtain only the headphones led on, but there's no sound in my headphones. Is this normal ? I guess it's a direct sound from card no ? so if CueMix or Audacity is not ready yet, is should work ?
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Microbook II / Windows 7 / CueMix FX / Inputs lines 1 &

Post by mikehalloran »

Hi,

This is far more likely to be answered correctly over in the MOTU Hardware and Windows threads. Perhaps a moderator can move it over for you or you can re-post it here:
http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

This really isn't a general recording question. Mics, preamps, recording techniques, tips. Sometimes we'll get into software and plugins that work on both platforms but Mac and Windows specific issues are more likely to be addressed where experts can see them.

If I had a clue how to answer your question, I would take a stab.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro