Best Black Friday Deal is..

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
mhschmieder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Best Black Friday Deal is..

Post by mhschmieder »

Oh yeah, you're right -- didn't see the comparison at the bottom earlier as it wasn't quite at the very bottom and scrolling has been a challenge for me since upgrading to Mavericks.

I bought two of those products separately so it cuts into the value for me personally, but might still be worth it. Too bad their audio demos are so bad; they turn me off to everything they make. Having just bought Superior on sale, Abbey Road Vintage is of less interest, and Orange Tree's Rickenbacker is to my ears better done than Scarbee's, so I would just be paying for Action Strings and Session Horns (no interest in Monark as I have a real minimoog; not thrilled about the Battery 4 changes; semi-curious about The Giant for its uniqueness; have most of the rest from individual sales throughout the year).

I look forward to K10 though as the more recent offerings are of more personal interest (being that they file niches no one else has addressed) than the stuff they put out in 2012 after K8 came out. But it's hard to say whether the even-numbered updates overall are better than the odd-numbered updates.

Not sure there's really much of a pattern there. Working in software, I know a lot of companies choose to alternate stability and/or infrastructure updates with features and content oriented updates. It's a bit more complex with NI due to multiple products and technologies that they probably try to interleave so they don't fall behind in any one area.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

Kubi wrote:Slate has discounts on everything - both the audio stuff
http://www.slatedigital.com/online-shop
and the SSD drum stuff
http://www.stevenslatedrums.com

If you don't have them, VCC and VTM for a combined $200 is a must-have in my book. Don't even think of mixing without them…

:D :D :D :D :D :smash: :headbang:
I’m kind of annoyed. Bought FX-G and didn’t realize it was still 32 bit.
That sucks..I thought I heard they’d upped it to 64, but that must have been another product. Thinking of buying SSD drums but want to make sure they are 64 bit not that I’ve been fooled by FX-G
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

I am buying the spark verb, it is very clean and easy to get a good sound out of. I have ALL the lexicons so this says something about the quality of this unit.
However, 2 things stand out as GLARING.
1_ Add a pre delay..PLEASE guys, no blah blah about how the unit needs to be “simple” You have “simply” missed the boat on this MUCh needed NECESSITY.

2) Undo- YOu MUST add an undo. When one starts to mess with mutate, one can find they have lost what was a great setting. The ability to “go bacK’ is HUGE...

Thanks
Mac Pro (Late 2013
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

Until December 21st Exponential Audio are having a sale on their Reverbs(30% off)
fwiw the developer is Michael Carnes who was with Lexicon for many years.
PhoenixVerb is luring me into submission! lol :dance:
http://www.exponentialaudio.com/Exponen ... /Store.php
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

Tobor wrote:Audiodeluxe has Sparkverb for 126 when you put it in the cart.
It shows as 149 brotha.
Mac Pro (Late 2013
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

toodamnhip wrote:
It shows as 149 brotha.
Did you put it in the cart when you were signed in?
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

toodamnhip wrote:
It shows as 149 brotha.
I bought it for ~$126 (haven't got the serial yet tho.)
[Update: Serial came thru just then]
kgdrum wrote:Until December 21st Exponential Audio are having a sale on their Reverbs(30% off)
Yah, reported that one a couple of pages back - very tempted, esp. by the surround option, but even with the discount, I can't justify more than $300 on a verb (for the surround version).

These just in:
Linplug offering 33% off everything, including their new synth Spectral. (If you don't own any Linplug, you are really missing out.) You can grab a free version of their Alpha synth from their site, so it is worth a visit.

Soniccouture has 50% off a bunch of things.
Last edited by BKK-OZ on Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

kgdrum wrote:Until December 21st Exponential Audio are having a sale on their Reverbs(30% off)
Yah, reported that one a couple of pages back - very tempted, esp. by the surround option, but even with the discount, I can't justify more than $300 on a verb (for the surround version).

These just in:
Linplug offering 33% off everything, including their new synth Spectral. (If you don't own any Linplug, you are really missing out.) You can grab a free version of their Alpha synth from their site, so it is worth a visit.

Soniccouture has 50% off a bunch of things.[/quote]

Nice stuff at Soniccoutre. thinking about getting vibraphone, marimba and wurly.
Again, anyone have any thoughts about Slate drums platinum, especially compared to Superior drummer?
Mac Pro (Late 2013
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Izotope just emailed this coupon code good for 30% off any order $99 or more through 12/31. It works on upgrade coupons already in your account as I just learned. It does not work on bundles.

BHG6-WTO99PMW

They do have a couple of bundle deals, however:

http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/b ... eative.asp

http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/b ... studio.asp

http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/bundles/
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro