Focusrite ISA428

Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
Here's where to talk about preamps, cables, microphones, monitors, etc.
lightningad
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Focusrite ISA428

Post by lightningad »

just borrowed one of these units from Focusrite and was so blown away by the quality of the mic pre-amps that we bought the unit - its too good to send back!!!.

I compared it to the Preamps in my Mackie 1604 VLZPRO, Motu 896 (original version) and my Focusrite Twin Trak Pro. All i can say is its like having your ears syringed. The clarity and accuracy of the sound has to be heard to be believed. If you are in the market for a high quality 4 preamp unit then you must check this one out.

adam
"silly keeps you sane"
BradLyons
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Focusrite ISA428

Post by BradLyons »

Adam,

Congratulations! I am a HUGE fan of Focusrite products, in fact.... I'm their #1 guy out there selling their gear :-) I personally own a pair of ISA430mkII's and a pair of ISA428's (okay technically just one, I sold off ne and am about to re-purchase another). I'm in process of buying (2) Liquid Channels and either a third LC or a third ISA430mkII after the new year. I'm using my ISA428's as pres with their own ADC's going into my 192 I/O ProTools HD setup. I absolutely LOVE these pres and use them exclusively. They truly are wonderful, yet affordable. What I love most about the ISA is the mix with just about any microphone and any style of music.
Thank you,
Brad Lyons
db AUDIO & VIDEO
-Systems Advisor, CTS